Brewer Fanatic

Few random baseball questions

Some of these are out there, my mind did some wandering today

1. On a 2 strike count, a pitch goes wide and gets away from the catcher, how late could a batter swing and then take off for first? If it's past the batter and he sees it will be very wide of the catcher, could he swing and take off?

2. There are runners on base, and a pitch is too close, and the batter charges the mound. Is this automatically a time out? Or could a catcher go start tagging people who come of the bases towards the mound?

3. Draft questions, what are the rule about going back to school if you are high school/early college? A friend of mine's kid was drafted by the Yankees, decline, went back to school and then got drafted by the White Sox next year. Can you keep doing that as long as you want? If you are a college senior and don't sign with your team, what are your options then?

kramnoj, I think you mean Matt Harrington

You are correct, thanks for that. I can't imagine turning down that kind of money, especially now that his career is gone. That has to be the worst baseball financial decision ever. Top 3? Has to include Jody Reed and Juan Gonzalez.

Boras usually is looking out for his best interests. Boras didn't really lose too much - Matt Harrington lost everything.

It is a similar situation with Prince. Boras can afford to gamble and shoot for more money. Prince would be best served to set himself up for life. (By taking a quality long term deal like Braun)

Archived