Brewer Fanatic

Advertising Observations

InsomniacInkRoss
The Tyrone ad doesn't air in my area, which is a shame because it sounds hilarious.

The new Klement's ad with the families sitting around irritates me to no end.

Also, the newer Miller commercials do nothing for me. I liked the old High Life Man ads where he'd say stuff like "If a baseball happens to come through your window, you won't mind...but if it's a soccer ball, there's going to be trouble."

I don't know what it's for, but there's an ad about "Remember the worst day of your life...?" And talks about dirtying your church clothes, putting a ball through a window. It gets on my every last nerve.

I also hate the WI lottery radio commercials that have the jingle singing. "What do you get for 30 mil...?" SOOO ANNOYING!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what it's for, but there's an ad about "Remember the worst day of your life...?" And talks about dirtying your church clothes, putting a ball through a window. It gets on my every last nerve.
This is for West Bend Mutual insurance ("the silver lining"). If it bothers you on TV, careful if you go to Miller Park, because West Bend sponsors the out of town scoreboard now, and the ad plays (without sound) on the out of town scoreboards between EVERY half inning.
I also hate the WI lottery radio commercials that have the jingle singing. "What do you get for 30 mil...?" SOOO ANNOYING!
The lottery bugs me in general (which is another topic for another board, I realize), as do most of the ads for it. However, I don't as much mind the "What do you get..." ads because jwill535 said they make him think of me. So I actually chuckle a bit now when I hear them (either 20 or 30 mil).
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Sorry for the lots'o'posts, but I'm listening to the game on 620 and there was an "inside" commerical that said "Is that WTMJ in your pocket?" (with a woman OOOHing in the background) "Or are you just more informed than the next guy?"

Awful.

I always try to envision the musicians in the studio creating these jingles. How hard must it be to seriously sing a song about sausage? I'm not sure I could do it. Therefore that automatically makes them more talented than me.

I enjoy the majority of the "This is SportsCenter" series. I find the recent Miller High Life ads amusing. The premise is insulting to my intelligence, though. Here's a crap beer, lets drink it and be proud of its crappiness because we like baseball and cheap burgers too. I do see it as likely being highly effective, though, so hats off to them. I also LOVED the shortlived "Terry Tate: Office Linebacker" series.

I like the Sonic Burger commercials with the two guys sitting in the car having a conversation. Their cemistry is just great.

The gatorade League of Clutch commericals are also pretty good, it's just to bad they overplay them.

Archived