Brewer Fanatic

Advertising Observations

InsomniacInkRoss
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooo, I hate the "clearly better" Budweiser ads, I LIKE cloudy merky dark beers you fools

I would defiantly call myself an "ad snob" too

Patio Daddio was a great jingle, but I am a Usinger's Man, despite there German language commercial that runs during every break of every WMLW game. Do you want to know why? Usinger's pays for their ads in sausage, The Christmas bonus at CBS58 is a box of Usinger sausage, 3 logs of cold sausage and some cheese. Merry Christmas, here's some meat.

*EDIT* add on

Lazy Mutt Farmhouse Ale

It's not too good, a fruit beer if I would call it anything, but it comes in 8 packs with the slogan "This 6 pack comes with 8 beers in it!" and is called "man's best friend" which is brilliant marketing

If you are going to pay to put an ad somewhere, or even just advertise on your own business space, make sure you are spelling correctly! Nothing turns me away more than poor spelling on advertising.

I drove by a big billboard in Texas that says "TATTOO'S" in advertising for a tattoo parlor. Seriously, if you make green grocer's errors in your spelling, I am NOT paying you to permanently put something on my body.

It's not the kind of advertising that you guys are talking, but I'm simply impressed by the marketing of Topper's Pizzas. Easy to remember phone numbers in college towns (read: late night drunken munchies) has paid off many times with people I know. Up in Stevens Point it's 342-4242, Madison was 284-8484 and Green Bay was 432-3232 (and I've never lived in any of those towns, just easy to remember from visiting friends years ago), plus I heard several others have been set up around the state in other college cities with similar easy numbers.

Guess it's the little things that work for me, I honestly can't even tell you what model car is in those Zoom-Zoom or John Mellencamp commercials, as I'll do my own research when I'm ready to vehicle shop. But when it comes something like brats & beer, I can recall details of way too many (Charlie Murphy's cooking Johnsonville brats, the Budweiser Clydesdales normally go for two, Man Law - Don't Fruit the Beer, the names of the racing sausages, etc)

PS - Wausau had a billboard earlier this year for the teacher's association (WEAC) with a misspelling, doh!

I wonder if WEAC is aware of the error. I'd think the "teacher's" would be a bit displeased.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I wonder if WEAC is aware of the error. I'd think the "teacher's" would be a bit displeased.
WEAC messed up? With my dues? Consarn it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

(I'm not a teacher, but the state couldn't decide where to put the state agency librarians.)

I admit to having a soft spot in my heart for Charlie Murphy cooking Johnsonville brats! Johnsonville brats! Johnsonville brats!....

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

As people with Extra Innings knows, many rather generic ads are done in every market, just with the words changed, or a 2 second part. The Bucks ad with the players coming up through the stage was obviously one of them, as only 3 people had Bucks gear on, and that was in a closeup. I think the "team that loves to win" may well also be one, as it makes no sense.

I think that freecreditreport.com jerk needs to start accepting responsibility for his own screw-ups.
I really want to know how his credit report ended up with him working as a pirate as a restaurant.

Worst Commercial Ever:

It's not the kind of advertising that you guys are talking, but I'm simply impressed by the marketing of Topper's Pizzas. Easy to remember phone numbers in college towns (read: late night drunken munchies) has paid off many times with people I know. Up in Stevens Point it's 342-4242, Madison was 284-8484 and Green Bay was 432-3232 (and I've never lived in any of those towns, just easy to remember from visiting friends years ago), plus I heard several others have been set up around the state in other college cities with similar easy numbers.

Big Mike's Super Subs (now Milio's) on Regent St. in Madison is 233-3233. I remember that from when I lived at College Park Apts.

I think that freecreditreport.com jerk needs to start accepting responsibility for his own screw-ups. No dude, you don't have a crappy car because you didn't go to freecreditreport.com. You have a crappy car because you have a crappy job (because you have no skills, not because you didn't visit some website) and you don't pay your bills.

I like how he's in a $300 car instead of a new "cool convertible or SUV". Dude, if all you have for a down payment is 300 bucks, you shouldn't be buying a new car. My supbar credit meant I had to use the $6,500 I had for a downpayment and buy a car with cash rather than use it as a downpayment (on a $12,000 used car).

Good ads make you spend your money.

On the flip side ...

Anyone spend money with companies whose ads really ANNOY you?

Example, that AT&T scruffy book-reading dude keeps popping up during the News, scaring the neighborhood. Yikes!

I am guessing Bruner (I checked, one N) Realty is one desperate outfit, by the sheer number of ads they run on both Madison cable and radio.

I've only heard their normal-ish commercials on AM radio, but yeah, it appears that they bought some crappy apartments and tried to sell them as condos, but didn't realise that 42358795423 people in Madison have done that before them, and nobody wanted to buy those either.

I like the:

freecreditreport.com commercials

miller high life commercials (esp on the radio)

mike wickett as "joe bob" for the derzan and menard commercials on WSSP

all taco bell commercials EXCEPT those guys rapping about the new value menu in the drive-thru

"these guys are good" pga tour commercials

overall i dont like most commercials. at least once during every commercial break i think to myself "i could do a way better job advertising for these companies, and i'm an engineer"

and ross, i LOVED the village http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Has anyone called Tyrone to get their "Roll On"?

No, but it makes me giggle every time. You know that ad, even if you're in the other room.

I hated the new Klement's commercial this season with the woman singing like a Klement's serenade. After the "When you run out of Klement's" upbeat ad, she just sounded like she was on Prozac or something. Awful.

The Tyrone ad doesn't air in my area, which is a shame because it sounds hilarious.

The new Klement's ad with the families sitting around irritates me to no end.

Also, the newer Miller commercials do nothing for me. I liked the old High Life Man ads where he'd say stuff like "If a baseball happens to come through your window, you won't mind...but if it's a soccer ball, there's going to be trouble."

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Of course Jewelry ads bother me. According to them if you dont buy your wife diamonds for every stupid holiday both recognized and Hallmark you are a worthless and loveless husband. You never see commercials saying that wives should buy us men new golf clubs/video games/tools for the same holidays.

Archived