Brewer Fanatic

Maybe I'm being a little negative....

superbraun

Okay, I am really getting sick of a couple of things:

1. Bill Hall watching way too many 3rd strikes. Is he just scared to swing the bat when there are two strikes? Who knows? I'm just sick of seing it.

2. Rickie Weeks not being able to hit (especially when there are men on base). He strikes out way too much (I know everyone has been saying that), and it seems like the only times he can get a hit is when there is nobody is on. I was at the D-Backs series and everytime there was someone on, he always flew out.

3. Our pitchers give up way too many RBI hits to opposing pitchers. Just look at the last game. Jeff Francis did it. Adam Wainright did it against us. I know for a fact that they aren't the only ones.

Okay, maybe I'm wrong on these things. Just post and let me know what you think.

3. Our pitchers give up way too many RBI hits to opposing pitchers.

If you had stats to back up this argument, it might carry a little more weight. As I see it, our pitchers currently have 8 RBIs on the year. Parra has 3, Sheets (yes, Sheets) has 2, CV has 2 and Suppan has 1.

I don't have access to stats that show how much the opposing pitchers are driving in, but I would be willing to bet that it is not far from what the Brewers have done to the other side. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Brewers pitchers actually have more RBIs than the opposing pitchers.

There are a lot of times when perception in baseball is not reality. It is hard to tell the difference especially when we are so emotionally attached to our team.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The Brewers pitchers' splits against opposing pitchers are right around the league average, except for SLG (it appears that opposing pitchers have gotten more extra base hits against us), which then makes the OPS against us a bit higher.

Pitchers batting against the Brewers: .148 BA, .154 OBP, .254 SLG, .409 OPS

Pitchers batting against the NL: .145 BA, .184 OBP, .182 SLG, .366 OPS

superbraun,

You're leaving Hardy out of the discussion. He's among, if not the worst, in the league hitting with RISP. In 51 AB's with RISP, he's "hitting" .157/.254/.157. That's right, with runners in scoring position, he has zero extra base hits. In fact Hardy has batted with a total of 69 runners in scoring position so far this season. He's stranded 61 of them.

Thinking Pitchers hit better against your team is similar to thinking that Field Goal Kickers never seem to miss against your favorite football team...Nobody remembers the missed FG or in this case the ground out to shortstop.

Its because everyone expects the pitcher to get out every single time (similar to how everyone expects every single runner to score from 3B with less than 2 outs). But they get a hit more than 1 out of 10 times. So in a 3 game series you are expected to actually see one of the opposing pitchers get a hit.

I remember thinking the other day that other team's fans must be getting really pissed at Manny Parra because he has gotten some hits in key situations.

It's much easier to see our team objectively when you can put yourself in the shoes of the other team's fans and realize how pissed they probably get when Dave Bush goes 7 innings with 1 run or Gabe Kapler goes 4 for 5.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

1) Bill Hall is a guess hitter. Too many times he guesses ball, or guesses offspead and gets caught with a fastball right by him. That's just the nature of Hall, strike out a lot but have a strong slg because of it. Many of his HRs are him guessing correctly.

2) Rickie is hitting near the mendoza line. Which means if you watch one game in person you might see Rickie go 1-5.

3) Has been covered by others, but I acutally think it is better than in other years.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived