Brewer Fanatic

Lake Delton- Gone

Barbs4339

On a more serious side, that is too bad about the lake and people losing their homes. I could care less about the resorts--they were overpriced to begin with--

This is a very callous thing to write -- I think it is easily as tragic for people to lose their businesses/jobs as it is to lose their houses.

Of course I find the idea that the Dells resorts are overpriced to be false as well, when compared to others resorts. Even if they are overpriced, I don't think they should be precluded from our sympathy when they are shut down by an "act of God".

I find certain restaurants to be overpriced, I guess I would rather let the forces of the market develop their fate than the forces of nature.

I have always like the Dells as a weekend getaway. The place sure isn't bargain basement, but you get what you pay for, a pretty good place to visit with tons of things to do. I haven't gone their in the last couple years, but the Del Bar is still my wife and I's favorite "fancy" restuarant. It is extremely expensive but it was the best restuarant food I ever ate.

I spent yesterday & today there. We did it cheap, with the radio books they give out plus we got our lodging on a radio shopping show for $39.00.

As far as the destruction it looked to be major. Our first stop was in Baraboo at Circus world. The river was very wide & very fast. Parts of highway 12 had about 2 feet of room from the road to the shoulder because it was all washed away. I talked to a woman in the Dells who told me about there crops being washed away. Higway A looked like about a 6ft drop from the aspalt to the sand. My wife took about 50 pictures od the damage.

A lot of people including me & my wife were walking around the floor of Lake Delton. One thing that bothered my wife was one high scholl student started jumping up & down on a very wet piece of land in the sand. It almost looked rubbery. My wife was getting very nervous so she took off for the main land. At that moment I watched another kid pick up a stick about 6 foot long & stick it in the rubbery looking part. 2 inches of the stick was sticking up agter he pushed it in.

As far as the Ducks go, the route did change a little but from what I can rememeber it was close to the same with out getting off on Lake Delton.According to the people I was talking to(not to know how they would know) that the Highway A & Lake Delton should be ready to go by the fall. The Tommy Barlett show was ok, they had a few older guys who worked there in the past(a sound effects guy & a comedian).

they had a few older guys who worked there in the past(a sound effects guy
Was it Wes Harrison? I remember seeing him as a kid and thought he was awesome. My parents still have his record.

Archived