Brewer Fanatic

Weeks to DL w/sprained knee; Iribarren Recalled (reply #25)

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so, does Hall see time at 2nd here or are we looking at a Counsillon platoon here? (god I hope not)
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I'd like to see Hall get the majority of the playing time at second. No more Dillon at second, and no more Counsell leading off. Kthxbai.

Anything but that, please. Weeks get hurt so we replace him with the one player who's been more inept ... no thanks. Give me Counsell or Dillon please. The Hurricane did play 2B, but has been playing LF this year. My gut says they won't move him back to 2B, but I don't know. I think they just called up a guy who offers speed and OBP.

I'd like to see Hall get the majority of the playing time at second. No more Dillon at second, and no more Counsell leading off. Kthxbai.

Anything but that, please. Weeks get hurt so we replace him with the one player who's been more inept ... no thanks. Give me Counsell or Dillon please. The Hurricane did play 2B, but has been playing LF this year. My gut says they won't move him back to 2B, but I don't know. I think they just called up a guy who offers speed and OBP.

I think you might be letting some of Hall's errors this year at third base stand for more than they should. Dillon is not a middle infielder at all. He has zero range, and is much worse than Hall at second in all likelihood. Like Russ said earlier, the way to go is Dillon/Branyan at third and Counsell/Hall at second.

My problem isn't with Hall at 2B, it's Hall in the batter's box. I don't particularly like him defensively, but I would prefer him to Dillon ... his bat is just so pathetic that I can't stand having him in the lineup each day. Of those three, I'd probably go with Counsell for most of the starts. It's not spectacular, but I really have no tolerance for Bill Hall's offense any more.

I'd feel horrible for Hall if he got switched positions again. If this occurs, I would not be surprised if Hall comes out Personally this time, and demands a trade. Seriously, how many times are we going to lie to this kid? (if this occurs, of course)

I really hope this doesn't happen. My fingers are crossed for ya Hall...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"I'd feel horrible for Hall if he got switched positions again"

Some guy on the js blog said he'd never seen someone so annoyed at a position change since his second wife.

Laughed out loud at that one.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'd feel horrible for Hall if he got switched positions again. If this occurs, I would not be surprised if Hall comes out Personally this time, and demands a trade. Seriously, how many times are we going to lie to this kid? (if this occurs, of course)

I really hope this doesn't happen. My fingers are crossed for ya Hall...

I might care if he were producing in any manner. He should be thanking his lucky stars for each opportunity and taking any PT he can get. Guys who sign a giant contract and then fail miserably don't really earn the right to hold down a position.

how could Hall be upset with moving to 2B? He wanted more at bats, well there they are. Hasn't he always said that his natural position is 2B anyways?
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived