Brewer Fanatic

6/10/08 Brewers (McClung) at Astros (Oswalt): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is the best lineup they have had all year. I hope Yost stays with this for a while. And when Weeks come back he should go in for Hall but stay at the bottom of the lineup.

The lineup isn't bad, but it could be better. I love Hart leading off, not a fan of Hardy batting 2nd, love Hall getting a chance at second, not a fan of back to back lefties. I would let Hall protect Prince and move Branyan and Cameron down one. Its not like Cameron is any better than Hall, I would argue he's worse. Or, move Hall or Kendall to 2nd and swap Hardy down to either of their spots. Oh well, Hardy was good in the 2 hole for about a month and a half last year.

I really hate they had to put Corey in the leadoff spot. You now have one of your only .300 hitters and a guy who has been good with runners in scoring position, batting after the pitcher and a bunch of strike out machines.

I don't like Hardy hitting second either. Moving him to the 2 spot isn't going to change the fact he's a below average hitter.

But, it's not like they have any other options right now. So I have to agree with some others, this is probably the best lineup they can put out there right now, given the circumstances.

So against a lefty...Hall moves back to 3rd and Dillon plays 2nd?

Hopefully, Hardy shows some of his former ways in the 2 hole. His 2005-07 splits show some solid numbers hitting 2nd

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=5908&type=batting3

By Batting Order

AB

R

H

2B

3B

HR

RBI

BB

HBP

SO

SB

CS

AVG

OBP

SLG

OPS

Batting #2

Batting #3

Batting #6

Batting #7

Batting #8

Batting #9

I think it's hilarious that many still complain no matter what lineup is posted!

That's our job. There is no such thing as the perfect lineup with this team. Just better than other ones.

I love it!

Rickie Weeks - 66 PA with RISP batting leadoff (duh), 111 PA with men on

Corey Hart - 68 PA with RISP batting 5th/6th, 108 PA with men on

Corey will get his chance to drive in runs from the leadoff spot, too.

JJ did all his damage last year in the 2-hole. He really takes advantage of seeing decent pitches.

Hart should've been leading off all season. Good OBP in front of big hitters. Remember, the other way to make pitchers throw to our good hitters is to have guys on base. So, Prince doesn't need to have alot of protection if we have a couple on base.

Great job Corey!

The Astros picked the wrong day to bean Braun. I'm sure Seth can always say his control left him when Berkman catches one in the back later just like it did with Pujols. lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived