Brewer Fanatic

David Riske: any information?

sgtcluels

I haven't heard anything about him for awhile. I believe he was put on the 15 day DL on May 15th. It's now June 9th over the 15 day DL stint.

Does anyone have any new information? I've been with out interweb tubes except at work during the past week. So my daily intake of Brewers news is limited.

(unambigufied thread title --1992)

On the broadcast they quoted Riske as saying he wants two or three bullpen sessions before he comes back but both he and Gange are targeting next homestand. Really surprised they aren't sending Gagne down to get at least some rehab work in. They don't have a huge need in the bullpen right now and it wasn't like he was setting the world afire before.

Thanks guys. (Sorry about the title casey, I didn't have enough coffee in me yet).

I'm hoping Riske can turn it around like he did in the past second halfs. You can never have enough good BP arms.

DeFelice should be no more then Spurling of last year. A Mop up guy. He doesn't have really anything to throw at a leftie so his effectiveness is down. But we all know how well the BP is used. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I hope one or both can contribute fairly soon. While it might appear the bullpen has it going okay those things can change overnight, and if Riske and/or Gagne contribute, it would allow them to move Mota out of the 8th inning if he continues to struggle. It might also allow them to return Villanueva to the rotation when and if a need develops there which is more likely than not given it's makeup. Keep in mind that coming into the year, Villanueva had a 3.01 ERA as a starter. I don't think his status as a starter should be permanently affected by a 6 week stretch that included 4 or 5 bad starts.

Totally agree with you on Villy JB. In the long run it might be a blessing in disguise for them to have this break. It's not the best way to keep a guy fresh for August but the silver lining is they should be fresh then. meanwhile it happened when the starters are on a decent roll and the pen isn't getting abused or the team getting crushed by their absence.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

You can never have enough good BP arms.

Is it bad that I read this and thought it meant BP arms, as in "batting practice" arms, and got a solid laugh out of it since that's what a seemingly abnormal amount of our bullpen outings have been this season? It's not as funny the other way. I want more funny.

Archived