Brewer Fanatic

Brewers looking at Brian Roberts according to Rosenthal

My how quickly some forget the drug suspension and the fact he tested positive a 2nd time which he was lucky to not get suspended further for. Jeffress may have a high ceiling but he hasn't even been drug test free for a year. He's an extreme long shot at best to hold it together long enough for him to get to the show. Given the K total someone will take him. It would be best to wash our hands of him and let him become someone else's headache if we can get a solid player in return.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be best to wash our hands of him and let him become someone else's headache

Like Tampa did with Josh Hamilton? The man has been through treatment, and I'm more than willing to give him a 2nd chance. With a drug problem in his past , he now has something in common with Brewer great Paul Molitor. Pretty soon, I hope he can add a few more similarities, like major leaguer and all-star.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Josh Hamilton is a very rare exception to the rule. More often than not these guys end up like Max St. Pierre(think that's his name). The guy we tried to turn into a pitcher. It looks like he may have turned his life around but it's very unlikely he'll ever play in the big leagues. If he could have stayed sober, who knows.

Not sure if the Molitor comparison is fair only in the context that in that era of MLB, the league presidents as well as team ownerships did little except hide under the bed when it came to the 'drug issues' of the 1980's.

Archived