Brewer Fanatic

Need A New Baseball Bat

T B0NE 10

After my 2nd Easton Stealth Composite broke in little less than a year I am fed up with Easton bats even though how happy I was with them when they don't brake.

What would you guys say are the best bats out there. Im looking to go buy a new bat sometime this week.

Ive heard good things about the DeMarinis, the VooDoo, and the CF3

What about the Lousville Slugger and Nike?

DeMarini's Juggernaut seems to be popular amongst several in our area, but it has a rather unique whip feeling when swinging that many can't get comfortable with. Haven't seen much of the others listed to help you on those. In our area/leagues, the two most popular ones this season (post >98mph grandfather expiring) - Combat's Anti-Virus and Miken's Recoil. The Anti-Virus needs essentially no break-in period like many of the recent composite releases, it has some durability concerns that you may want to avoid given your Easton experience, but is probably your best value for the pop it gives you. The Recoil is a little more pricey and takes a little longer to break in, but haven't heard of any durability issues in its limited time on the market (the Miken NRG has held up for several years, but is a notch lower on the pop & price scale).

Edit: Didn't catch the "baseball" part in the title initially, my comments were based upon softball experience.

Take a look at the Nike Torque bats. I've had the opportunity to hit with lots of metal bats over the last few years and that has been my favorite of all. In my opinion, I prefer one piece bats so I would also recommend the Louisville Exo-grid, though I've only hit with the first generation white one. I think that you would be happy with either of those, and would also save a little cash since they are a little older. Our club team had DeMarini bats so I have swung all 3 of the ones you listed. The CF3 is composite, so you get more of a thud than a loud ping. Also, its more end heavy than most aluminum bats, almost weighted like a wood bat. The De Marnini Voodoo, and CF3 are solid, but I still would say that you should give the Nike Torque a shot.

Thanks I'm heading to Sheels Sports in Appleton later this week to check out new bats. Price really isn't an issue for me, because of the use I get out of them.

Ive seen alot of Torques on ESPN in the CWS, same with Louisville Sluggers

Archived