Brewer Fanatic

Bill Hall and Prospects for Jeff Nieman..

Im sick of Bill Hall. He complains about his playing time but he hasn't hit lefties or righties lately. I think it is time to move him and the ideal trade would be to the Rays. The Rays have gotten no production from Jason Bartlett, and they are in a better playoff situation than the brewers.

Meanwhile they have an overloaded amount of pitching prospects with Price, McGee and Wade Davis plus Nieman. So how about trying to pry Nieman out of their hands. He is a young pitcher with really good stuff, hes major league ready, and due to their surplus of pitching it may not take much to get him. Nieman can take a spot in the rotation and help the brewers this year and the next.

Nieman doesn't have the stuff anymore that lead him to be a high draft pick. They burned him up pretty good in college. Plus, he's overweight. His results at AAA have been only a little above average. He got knocked around in a couple of big league starts this year. He's Seth McClung with less velocity.

I could definately see Tampa being interested in Hall, but I expect more in return.

I'm surprised we haven't heard any rumors about what teams are offering for Hall, I'm sure Melvin has fielded plenty of calls, as there's a bunch of teams that have a bad middle infielder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

It would not make sense to move Billy right now, his value is as low as it will go, and what we are going to get back, will not improve the big league team. Billy still kills lefties, and as much as I like Branyan, he has struggled in the past, so we need the insurance. Nieman definatley would not make me move Billy. Nieman is not what he once was coming out of college. He has been injured constantly, and does not have the same stuff he once did, because of the injuries.

It would not make sense to move Billy right now, his value is as low as it will go,

His value could get alot lower. He's been hovering around a 700 OPS. That would be a big upgrade for a team like Cleveland, San Fran, and Baltimore, all who have middle infielders with sub 600 OPS. Also, were not even at the seasons half way point, so teams can still assume Hall might turn it around. However, the longer Hall struggles, the more teams will worry his past accomplishments are a thing of the past. The farther removed we get from Halls big season, the less he is worth.

The Brewers can platoon Dillon with Branyan, and Mat Gamel is waiting in the wings. Even if Hall improves against RHPs, he won't hit them any better than Branyan. Hall is a luxory on this team. His real value is with a team that needs a middle infielder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

If you trade Bill Hall, Princes best friend, then Prince is gone as well.

We need to stick with Billy right now.

I actually thought Gwynn was his best friend, but I could be wrong. However, guys get traded all the time and we should not keep a player on our team just because he gets along well with another player. We have Prince for 3 more years with or without Hall, unless we make the choice to deal him. It isnt like Prince can leave until free agency, unless we trade him.

I could have sworn that Rickie and Prince were best friends.

Anyway, what are the odds that Hall is still a Brewer when FA comes for Prince anyway?

The only way I would trade Hall is if we could get a guy who could come in and be ready to step into the rotation right now. Or else another power arm that could spell Mota from time to time.

If you trade Bill Hall, Princes best friend, then Prince is gone as well.

We need to stick with Billy right now.

Hells bells, I thought I was Princes best friend!!! This is a business. If Prince gets all pissy, trade him too. You just know that San Fran would love to build around him and have a marquee player to take Bonds' place, correct?!!!!! Trade Billy and Prince to SF for Lincecum and some other parts (I'm not real up on SFs minor leaguers) but right now, I think SF is the perfect trading partner. We could get major league talent without having to kill our minors, get major league talent in return and rid ourselves of a 10-12 milllion arby case with Prince with LaPorta waiting in the wings.

Think about it before you blast me. It makes sense doesn't it?

Archived