Brewer Fanatic

6/8/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Rockies (Francis): 2:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it too much to ask for a little killer instinct right now? instead of an overthinking, overmaneuvering (word? it is now.) manager deciding the outcome of this game will the players please step up and finish the job?

I love that Suppan didn't even leave the batters box right away. This ump doesn't have the biggest zone.

Love the hustle, thank god he wasn't out though, what a horrible end to an inning that would be.

after suppan draws a walk i must inquire...

this is a question for those of you who have played a lot of baseball and coached or managed... i only played little league and a few years after... so i don't consider myself very baseball savvy...

suppan's first at bat he swings at the first pitch. i am dumbfounded. if you are a pitcher would you not want to at least see a few pitches from the opposing pitcher to wear him out a bit no matter the score or situation? let him throw a few. tire him out a bit?

should that be an unwritten rule for pitchers who are batting?

wow. as i type this, joe d does it again. hilarious.

kiwi brewer wrote:

this is a question for those of you who have played a lot of baseball and coached or managed... i only played little league and a few years after... so i don't consider myself very baseball savvy...

suppan's first at bat he swings at the first pitch. i am dumbfounded. if you are a pitcher would you not want to at least see a few pitches from the opposing pitcher to wear him out a bit no matter the score or situation? let him throw a few. tire him out a bit?

should that be an unwritten rule for pitchers who are batting?

I haven't played a lot of baseball and I also have never managed, but I completely agree. Unless you're Zambrano or Owings, why swing at the first couple pitches? This is obviously a pretty terrible comparison, but I never swing til 2 strikes with the pitcher on a video game http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I've never played professional baseball, but once I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express near Miller Park. I think you get a feel for how your opposing pitcher likes to pitch to pitchers. Does he go right after them and throw it down the middle, knowing they aren't likely to make contact? I think its just a feel thing.

I've never played professional baseball, but once I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express near Miller Park. I think you get a feel for how your opposing pitcher likes to pitch to pitchers. Does he go right after them and throw it down the middle, knowing they aren't likely to make contact? I think its just a feel thing.

great holiday inn express reference. nicely done.

as far as the feel thing... i think taking a pitch or two should override that notion.

and don't look now, but soup's ERA is quietly 3.82. jinx? oops.

That's the frustrating thing about JJ and Rickie....some of the spectacular stuff they do is great, but the routine can be awful at times. So much unrealized possibilities.

I agree. Weeks in particular seems to only turn spectacular plays, or botch the easy ones. It seems like the routine outs are few and far between for the Brewers middle defenders.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

For the record, does anyone NOT want Soup to start the 6th inning?

I'd rather have Villy out there. I was just saying that after the first 2 innings, I didn't think he'd make it past the 3rd the way he was going. His PC is only in the 70s I believe.

Archived