Brewer Fanatic

6/8/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Rockies (Francis): 2:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
A bunt is a not that crazy of a call. And it prevents the double play.

It is when one of your best hitters is the one bunting. That same hitter is fast and not easy to double up. Oh yeah and the bunt wasn't good, they got the force at third and kept the double play in order anyways. A stupid, indefensable move.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a game where I wish Directv wouldn't turn off the signal immediately after the game. Ned's presser would be quite interesting to watch.....and drink to.

Actually, it's left on for those of us in Brewer home territory. I don't have the sports package right now, but if I remember correctly, everyone's pre and post-game shows were available... just not the games.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

What advantage do the Brewers gain by bunting Hart to get runners to second and third with Bill Hall coming up against a righty? If you can give me an answer I will leave it alone?

Opportunity for BH to put up or shut up. All he has to do there is get the ball to the outfield.

brewcrew, even if the bunt was executed, you have Bill Hall up with runners on second and third and one out instead of Cory Hart up with runners on 1st and 2nd and nobody out. Play those two situations out 1000 times I think it is pretty obvious our chances to score more runs would involve the situation with Hart at the plate

Opportunity for BH to put up or shut up. All he has to do there is get the ball to the outfield.

Why are we playing for only 1 run?

Well seeing the game was 3-2, runs weren't exactly easy to come by. I think one run would make a pretty big difference.

Yeah that Hart bunt was stupid. You just don't have one of your best hitters especially with a runner in scoring position give himself up like that.

It wasn't pretty today but it was a win so thats good. I'm just praying for 2 of 3 in Houston. With Sheets going in the final game and the way Seth and Manny have pitched of late I think we can do it.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

He mentioned how he did something he never normally will do and that is use his closer for a 5 out save. He said he had to today because they needed to win at all costs. I almost (actually I did) barffed up my Froot Loops after he said that

I know its not really critical or anything at all, but there were two of you guys that left posts about Prince not forcing the throw across the diamond in the top of the 9th. The reason he stopped running was not b/c he was conceding the out, it was b/c the 3B (atkins I believe) turned to him and was going to tag him if he kept running. Prince was in a no win situation if he keeps running no throw happens because he is tagged out and if he stops like he did they can just step on the base. It has nothing to do wiht him being lazy or fat or any of that. I don't know why those posts bothered me but they really did and I thought it was completely unfair for you guys to be calling him lazy, in this situation. (There have been plenty of times where you could call him lazy, but in my opinion after watching it plenty of times he did just fine here.)

The reason he stopped running was not b/c he was conceding the out, it was b/c the 3B (atkins I believe) turned to him and was going to tag him if he kept running.

Yeh. That was pretty obvious and to suggest Prince was just being lazy was..... something.

Archived