Brewer Fanatic

6/8/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Rockies (Francis): 2:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This management is so disgusting....it would be one thing if this kind of crap occured once every other week but it is literally 2 out of 3 games that the team does stuff that just makes you shake your head. Hart hitting is your best chance to score runs this inning.....YOu can't be that afraid of a double play. What a joke. Sorry for being so negative but this is pathetic. How hard is it?

I really think it would be a healthy thing for this board if Yost-defenders and Yost-bashers stopped thinking of the opposite camp as a monolithic entity. Just because I want Ned fired, doesn't mean that all of my opinions are the same as everyone else who wants him fired. I don't even agree with all the other stat geeks all the time. There were complaints about Dillon starting at 2B from a couple of people who I by and large tend to agree with most of the time, and I didn't have a problem with that Yost decision. It's not his ideal position, but I think his bat more than justifies giving him the start instead of Counsell, whatever the defensive dropoff.

The majority of the board now wants Ned fired. We all have different ideas about how a baseball team should be managed. The net effect of this is that it seems to a Yost-defender that every move Yost makes will be criticized, whichever way he decides. You can expect a poster to remain consistent in his/her critiques, but you cannot expect me to ensure that all of my opinions are consistent with everyone else's opinions who wants Ned fired.

This is the point where I usually say that one bad move by Yost doesn't have much of an effect on the outcome of a game. But the fact that he's made about 6 bad decisions in the last 3 innings keeps me from saying it this time. The Brewers really don't deserve to win this. It's funny to say that I hope they can steal one today when they have the lead but it sure feels that way.

Excellent offensive execution, I love the line of 3runs off 11 hits. Plus the two errors is a bonus on the line

Not to mention the six walks we've drawn. So that's 17 baserunners and 3 runs. Fantastic.

I feel bad for complaining so much when we are still winning but seriously this game has been one of the most frustrating all year. It's like Yost is trying to make the worst decision just so he can shove it down the medias throats that he is smarter than them. Him bunting with Hart might be the stupidest thing he has done all year, especially with Hall and Hardy up next. Him not replacing Kapler with Cameron after what happened Friday night just shows that he doesn't care what the right thing to do is anymore...he just wants to be the one to be right because he is better than everybody else.

Community Moderator

I know he made some bad moves and I know we did't deserve to win, but we did. So next time Yost makes the right moves and we lose anyway, maybe you guys can cut him some slack.

BREWERS WIN!!!!

A bunt is a not that crazy of a call. And it prevents the double play. It's a one run game and I would love insurance. This Ned thing and this board have gone totally overboard on this entire issue of the coach. I can't even believe some of the things that are said here. It is really unbelievable unless I read it myself.

Torres has done such a great job in the closers role I almost don't want to give it back to Gagne, lol.

I applaud the fact Yost did use Torres properly, even if he didn't get much else right today. Beggars can't be choosers, lol.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived