Brewer Fanatic

6/8/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Rockies (Francis): 2:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
I just don't get it. Melvin spent some money to get a former gold glover in CF and we treat him like garbage that doesn't even deserve to be a late inning defensive replacement? Is this a situation, ala Helms, that Melvin has to call Yost and tell him to stop being a fool?

rluz the answer is yes.

i am blown away right now by the "boys club" mentality and long leash that melvin is giving yost. therefore, i believe and hope that mark a. steps in as a great businessman and baseball fan and sacks ned yost ASAP. i really can't believe what i am witnessing as far as management of talent right now. if ownership looks at the quality of managing in their very own division (larussa, pinella MOST of the time), much less around the league they should be able to cut ties and upgrade at the manager position. unreal these people get paid this much to be selfish. boo on you, yost. boo on you.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm stunned and mystified that Yost is going to his designated closer (who can pitch multiple innings) earlier than the 9th. I guess that when the "what have you done for me lately?" vector points in the same direction as the "gut" vector, that must be enough to overwhelm the stubbornness. I thought it was a dead certainty that Mota would be in here, because he's the "8th inning guy".

No kidding! I hate even seeing the sight of Ned Yost. It actually kind of makes me sick to look at his stupid face.

My thoughts exactly.....The more I see him crossing his arms with his coat on makes me want to drop him off in the middle of the desert to see how long he keeps his coat on

Quintanilla, lifetime OPS+ = 38.

Manny Parra, lifetime OPS+ = 40.

OPS+ is not a position adjusted stat.

Which invariably means this cat will hit a HR because we're on the road.

... I so hope I'm kidding. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I find it hilarious that people have now gone to "defensive replacements" as a reason to bang on Ned. It just gets better and better. Is this really what we have become?

On a side note, what is going to be the thing Ned did wrong here if Torres doesn't get it done? I know its not the players fault.

Yay contact play! That looks all too familiar with how we've made outs on that play.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived