Brewer Fanatic

Hope everyone remains safe..

SquirrelMaster
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have several houses pumping water into the street, or we did earlier. I would think that now the streets are so flooded with all the new rain today, there isn't much room to pump the water out.

We also had several uprooted trees, but no tornadoes yesterday.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Verified Member

I have never seen anything like these storms, yesterday and today. Our ditches in Muskego were over the road both days. The sump pump discarge had no place to go so it was coming back into the house. Gutter downspouts too. The sump pump was running non-stop for 4 hours yeserday evening. Thank God it didn't burn out. Finally got everthing discharging away from the house late yesterday, but still had an inch of water in some parts of the basement. Waterfall coming down one window well. Lots of wet boxes in our crawl space. Some wet carpet.

But it could have been a lot worse. Everything is drying out now. I just hope everything is set to weather the next batch of storms.

Seriously, I've become almost desensitized to the weather radio, the alarm's gone off so many times this weekend. I'll bet it has sounded thirty* times since noon Saturday.

I'd just like the storm to let up for long enough to allow me to take a shower. I'm hoping that's not too much to ask.

*Edit, two minutes later: thirty-one times.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Here in Bay View everyone is dead. I really enjoyed the fact I couldn't see the Belmont yesterday and the tennis final today. What a joke. RAINPOCALYPSE!

Godspeed to all who are flooded. Really.

Community Moderator

Lost power tonight after the main storms rolled through- wind must have blown something down, but it was fortunately relatively short.

Looks like another band is headed this way from northern Illinois tonight as well.....

Apparently I'm in a "lucky" spot in oak creek, as we are under a state of emergency and we haven't had problems. Of course, we haven't tried to go anywhere either, so we may be trapped in a makeshift oak creek moat.

Community Moderator

Always take the ferry. If you caulk, your car will tip over and you'll lose most of your stuff and half the people in your car. If you ford, your freaking oxen will drown every time. Not sure why you have oxen attached to your car in the first place, though.

Looks like we're finally nearing the end of today's rain. More tomorrow and Tuesday, it seems.

Always take the ferry. If you caulk, your car will tip over and you'll lose most of your stuff and half the people in your car. If you ford, your freaking oxen will drown every time. Not sure why you have oxen attached to your car in the first place, though.

You have to caulk your car and float it. With a river depth of 4.1 ft, it's the perfect depth to float right to work. Unless you're a banker and can afford a fancy ferry, but I'm going to assume you're a teacher so you can get that big point bonus later in life.

In seriousness, I hope the rain ends soon for guys in the midwest and you get the water out of you're basements. I've been dealing with weird weather here in NW New Mexico lately too, it's been snowing.

Verified Member

And it's raining again. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif At least it looks like it will just be light rain today. But there's still no place for the water to go anymore.

As for taking a shower, just bring a bar of soap outside.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/art/spec.gifI am now famous... courtesy of jsonline.com

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news/art/readerphotos.jpg
http://graphics.jsonline.com/art/spec.gif

June 7-8, 2008 Storm

Start | < Previous | 202 of 223 | Next > | End
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/Userphotos/114/Jun08/14149_large.JPG
Photo from Beverly Johnson, Milwaukee, WI
AJ Minotte does a Swan Dive in the backyard. He scored a perfect "10"
View Gallery
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/spec.gif

essh, im out of the country on vacation, any idea how bad madison,fitchburg got hit

Without knowing where in Madison/Fitchburg you are, cheezscott, I'll point you toward Channel 3's online coverage, which is ample.

The Dane County Airport had like 2.23 inches of rain on Saturday and 4+ on Sunday - to give you an idea of how much water there is to contend with. At least some of the streets that routinely flood in heavy rain flooded (like University Avenue toward Hilldale, for example).

On the near west side, we've had a little water in the basement, but not out of control. I assume we aren't alone in that regard. Generally, it sounds like it was worse yet to the north (Sauk/Columbia counties). In Dane County, Stoughton had some building damage, near the same neighborhood that was hit by that tornado in 2005.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

so, because I can't quite read the frustration level of the posters here in this topic, I'll ask this: which is worse--all the snow this winter or all the rain this spring?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived