Brewer Fanatic

Playing Wii online

Fatter than Joey

Nice!

But I think the way to find friends is to email them your Mario Kart code (should be on your License) and have them enter your code in the game or email you back with their code. I haven't played the on-line mode much yet, so I'm not positive.

I have Mario Kart, and its a blast to play online. You can play with regional people, or worldwide. Choosing the worldwide mode was a bit weird at first, as it seemed all the Germany people created Hitler Miis to play with. Nintendo has since banned Hitler, so you now see a bunch of Harry Potter Miis out there.

As for the game, no lag at all online. You start at a 5000 score level, and based on finishing in the top half, your score moves up. The game also has tournaments weekly, to see how you rank against the rest of the community.

Overall, the online Wii service is good, but not great yet. Smash Brothers still lags from what I hear. Also, lack of voice communication is a big loss. One way that I have gotten around it with friends, is we connect in a chat room via Xbox Live, and then play Mario with our Xbox headsets still on.

I've enjoyed Mario Kart and Dr. Mario online. Wii online is very limited in comparison to Xbox Live and I think it has a lot to do with Nintendo catering to a younger audience. As far as I know, you can't meet people online and send them your friend code like you can with Live, nor can you chat with people you're playing against. While this limits the amount of interaction you can have with your competitiors, it also thwarts the unnecessary cursing and imagery (UNO) that I've heard and seen on Live. If you want to play against friends you have to get their code from them some other way. Gamefaqs.com is a good place to ask for some friend codes online.

I love Mario Kart to death. My online gamerscore has been around 7500 for a while now in racing mode.......and that's without using Funky Kong. The only downfall is that you can't chat with the guy who just threw a blue shell at you as you were about to cross the finish line.

Archived