Brewer Fanatic

6/7/08 Brewers (Bush) at Rockies (Reynolds): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just didn't understand the timing of pulling Bush. If Ned really beleives that it's going to be a long game with lots of chances to score runs (as his 1st inning decision to hit Bush tends to imply), why does he pull Bush in a situation that will probably, at best, only score 1 run?

They had a donkey pitcher on the ropes in the first. That was the time to strike. You deal with the pitching ramifications afterward depending on the results.

If you keep Bush in the game in the 2nd so as not to burn up your pen, with the results of this particular game as a subordinate consideration to that goal, I don't konw what the extra 9 outs Bush recorded really did in terms of meeting that goal, especially given that, at the time the 1st inning decision was made, there was no guarantee that Bush would even make it out of the second inning.

Coors Field chews up pens sometimes, despite your best efforts to manage the situation. If that is the case, you should play for the win in a given game first, within reason, especially if the game is still early and you have a great chance to immediately get back in the thing. The alternative is to probably chew up your pen and give yourself even less of a shot at victory than you would otherwise have had.

What a joke of a game. I'm just starting to finally realize that this team will not win on the road. No matter how great they play in Miller Park they go on the road and just lose it.

The question is why, why why?? Baseball is a simple game....see the ball, hit the ball, throw the ball, catch the ball. I just don't understand why it's so difficult for the Brewers to win on the road. Baseball is not really a homefield advantage sport like basketball or football are, where crowd noise can influence certain plays etc.

Unfortunately, I will probably be 10 ft under for many years before ever finding out the answer to that. It really is mystifying.....

How come football fans don't insist on their head coach getting kicked out of games from time to time?

When was the last time you saw a coach get admonished for arguing with an official?

That said, I advocated numerous times that Sherman get himself thrown out of games when he was in Green Bay.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Could someone ask Hall if he honestly believes he deserves to be playing more?

Brutal. At this point, I'd be in favor of trading him so Ned isn't tempted to use him anymore.

Yeah I pretty much would also like to trade Bill. He gets chances and still does nothing with them. I can't believe I though they would go 4-2 on this trip before it started.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'll be brutally honest here as much as it pains me, but when you make Greg Reynolds look like Greg Maddux and then allow almost 9.00 ERA Jorge De La Rosa set you down weakly 1-2-3 after a lead off hit, you don't deserve to make the post season. Good baseball teams pound pitching like that.

I'll be brutally honest here as much as it pains me, but when you make Greg Reynolds look like Greg Maddux and then allow almost 9.00 ERA Jorge De La Rosa set you down weakly 1-2-3 after a lead off hit, you don't deserve to make the post season. Good baseball teams pound pitching like that.

And the thing is, the Brewers do this all the time to pitchers like that. They just can't hit them and make them look great yet everyone else seems to pound them. I'm just so frustrated now. I really thought against a very weak Colorado team we could sweep or at least get 2 of 3 even on the road. I feel sick.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

How frustrating....2 nights in a row with a chance to game a game on the Cubs, and they don't get it done. You just knew after last night's debacle, it wasn't going to go well tonight. Suppan tomorrow vs. Francis. I hate the smell of sweep in the air. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif The Brewers should be proud, they lost a series(with a chance to get swept) by the team with the worst record in baseball. Only the Brewers could pull off something like that after an 8-1 home stand.

You just knew after last night's debacle, it wasn't going to go well tonight. Suppan tomorrow vs. Francis... Only the Brewers could pull off something like that after an 8-1 home stand.

It's like you read my mind. After last nights devastating loss I had a very bad feeling about Bush and this game tonight. If we win last night and actually win tonight with those two Cubs losses what would we be, 4 back only?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Glad I left after the bottom of the 2nd after all, uff da

I don't want to say Yosted any more than need be since this def. is on Bush and the bats, but I was wondering at the time (and hindsight has bore out) why on Earth Bush was batting with 1 out and two men on after his 1st inning performance. Like people said, Villy made 10 pitches last night and we've had a string of quality starts...go after those runs and the win!

Archived