Brewer Fanatic

6/7/08 Brewers (Bush) at Rockies (Reynolds): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the Rocks continue to pour it on. Sometimes I wonder why I love the Brewers and baseball so much? I mean I love them, but have they ever loved me back?

I've definitely sunk more money into them than they deserved over the years

(During the Golden 80s my parents were picking up the tabs!)

Even had they not choked last night, tonight would be much more tolerable. What really concerns me now is after a team has been on a roll like the Crew was, and then to completely meltdown in an instant like they did last night, that can very easily spiral things out of control for a long time. I have a really bad feeling that they will be back to .500 and about 8 out at the end of the Astros series. That is what was so tough about having an 8-1 home stand and actually losing a game in the standings. Under most circumstances you would think that an 8-1 home stand would net you a gain of a minimum of two to three games in the standings. They actually even lost a game.

What really concerns me now is after a team has been on a roll like the Crew was, and then to completely meltdown in an instant like they did last night

Maybe because Yost is right and there is no momentum? The Brewers won a couple of those games during their streak with luck alone. That's how it works.

You got your chance Bill to show something tonight and you did nothing. Is this the reason why you should be playing everyday and a guy like Branyan should be on the bench? If I was a manager I would sure to love to put you in the lineup right now.

You got your chance Bill to show something tonight and you did nothing. Is this the reason why you should be playing everyday and a guy like Branyan should be on the bench? If I was a manager I would sure to love to put you in the lineup right now.

With Francis going tomorrow for the Rocks of course Hall will be in. If he does nothing tomorrow, I say give him his wish and trade him for something. At least dump that contract if we can. Then when he is gone Branyan/Dillon platoon.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Maybe Hall needs a minor league stint to wake him up, like Weeks' last year.

I am beginning to think Skaalen needs to be the first one to go. Seems that guys go into slumps just continue to do the same things wrong. We all know Hall is probably the best on the team at taking the ball to right field. Pretty sure that you could count his number of right field hits on one hand. Terrible.

I think Billy thrived under Wynegar. It seemed like a situation where the two just "clicked."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think Billy thrived under Wynegar. It seemed like a situation where the two just "clicked."

I think Wynegar was a casulty of Yost's incompetece. The tone is set for this roadtrip, and its a losing tone.

I'm not as upset about the loss from this evening. Bush got rocked early, and the Brewers never really seemed to be in the game. I guess I can take that, as much as it pains me after the great homestand, rather than coughing up the win late in the game like Friday night. Hopefully Suppan has a solid outing, gets some run support, and comes up with the win tomorrow (today).
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

With Francis going tomorrow for the Rocks of course Hall will be in. If he does nothing tomorrow, I say give him his wish and trade him for something. At least dump that contract if we can.

Yes, let's trade Billy low; teach that ingrate a lesson!!!

Archived