Brewer Fanatic

Do you think the Brewers brass ever reads these theads?

Community Moderator

why would Jack Z come here for draft stuff? Am i missing something?

I was thinking maybe Jack would come by to see how we reacted to the picks or something considering we're pretty into the draft coverage and that is pretty widely known - like I said, pretty doubtful, but who knows?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's more likely that minions (perhaps like Doug's son) check this and other sites and send summaries on up. Jack Z probably has his own minions. And if you are reading, I use the term minion pretty generically, not because you aren't valuable people. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

this website is like a giant Board of Directors for the Brewers at zero cost to the organization. I think there's some very intelligent people here who bring up great ideas. I would hope the organization keeps tabs on things here.

I hope the ticket office staff is on this thread right now, and that they decide to comp a few July games to the poster who's got the grouchiest looking avatar. . .

You guys rock!

PS--I'd really like to be on the aisle. . .and maybe a couple of parking passes, too.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

-Abe Lincoln

Edit: I'm not sure how this got here, but it was in response to the Ned Yost press conferences..

Let's just say that many Brewers' employees, including some with serious decision-making power, are well aware of the site and are no stranger to the forums here. I'm not saying Doug Melvin or Ned Yost is posting or anything... but let's just say that there have been threads from here that have been printed out and put up in the clubhouse.

I believe people within the Brewers offices read Brewerfan.net. I can't imagine Melvin getting up first thing every morning and pouring over the posts, but I'm sure some staff people read it, and report back what fans are talking about. Same goes for Mark A.

This site has more credibility than the average Yahoo or ESPN message board. Whether they agree with everything said here doesn't really matter, what DOES matter is you have a large group of high baseball IQ people here, and they can't (or shouldn't) easily dismiss the conversations that take place here.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

I know first-hand that multiple folks involved directly in the front office review the Minor League Link Reports daily.

Obviously all the minor league coaching staffs fill out concise game reports on each player that plays each night for Gord Ash and Reid Nichols, among others. But members of the front office also enjoy listening to the interview links and reading the quotes in the local papers, as that aspect of a player is part of their overall package and something that is part of the education of a future big leaguer.

Consider it's a click or two from the Minor League Forum to this one, and there you go.

I'll also share that I heard first-hand from a higher-up in the front office and that he was none too pleased when Brewerfan put the kibosh on an In-Game Thread for one night last season (no IGT so folks could "cool down"). The staffer was on the road and only had access to the IGT as commentary for the game (along with Gameday), and had enjoyed reading along the IGT's in the past. Subsequently, we've promised him we'll never pull that stunt again...

I had to call the Brewers' ticket office to discuss something on the site last summer, the guy who took the call asked me my user name here, and immediately thanked me for some of the articles I've had posted here. I had no idea anyone there ever looked in on us, but he sure did, and he was very complimentary towards BF.net.

It isn't just the Brewers either, I've heard from a writer at mlb.com, another at milb.com and the front office of one other major league team.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is there some high school kid with a baseball stats blog that a lot of front office people read? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Don't think so - although that guy is pretty young too. Graduated college in '04.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/01/about-tim-die-1.html

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Actually, the one I know about was something humorous about the club's video assistant... but I cannot discount the idea that Ned didn't ask the team to win one for all the gritty battlers over at brewerfan.

I can't imagine Ned would care for us much. And after Melvin's comments regarding the Dunn "trade" last year, he doesn't seem to like us either.

I'll also share that I heard first-hand from a higher-up in the front office and that he was none too pleased when Brewerfan put the kibosh on an In-Game Thread for one night last season (no IGT so folks could "cool down").

This just doesn't give us credit for breaking the team's losing streak (I believe they won for the first time in awhile that night). Wasn't the IGT down until we lost again?

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I can't imagine Ned would care for us much. And after Melvin's comments regarding the Dunn "trade" last year, he doesn't seem to like us either.

http://friendsofdoom.com/gz/img/post/news/2007-05-25-deathsentance_lg.jpg

"He doesn't like you... I don't like you either!"

Are you thinking of mlbtraderumors.com? It's not a stats blog, but I thought someone said the kid is 16 or something like that.

Homer is right... it's not Tim Dierkes at mlbtraderumors. Iirc, it's Eli's MLB Rumors blog

(mlb-rumors.blogspot.com)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Mine's grouchier

Well, FTJ, you must have gotten the freebies, because I've not gotten even a hint of a response from the ticket office. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Miller Park is a big place. . .I'm sure they can come up with some more--Have I mentioned? You guys ROCK!

The company I work for represents some of the players and they have talked about reading message boards from time to time. Although they have never mentioned this one specifically this is one of the better known boards so I can imagine this is one of them that they read occasionally.

There is a basketball board that I moderate that has a Bucks player posting. He posts openly (Charlie Bell). There are several members of the Bucks front office (not high level) that post there too but not openly and many others who read the board as well as several members of the media who read that board.

I think players are always curious about what's being said about them and places like this are a goldmine for major league marketing teams.

Archived