Brewer Fanatic

Do you think the Brewers brass ever reads these theads?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm sure someone from the front office reads this site - I know Jon Greenberg used to post occassionally over on MLB.com - but I doubt it's a very high ranking type person.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

There's plenty of evidence that representatives of the Brewers read these forums. Brian once mentioned that brewers.com is fairly noticeable in the site visitors log. I know that they read the brewers.com board, and I'd bet they're reading the Sports Bubbler and ESPN boards, too.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Any evidence that it's someone from the baseball ops side of things? I could see marketing keeping tabs on things like fan experience, general mood etc.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm sure some folks at the Brewers read the site, much like a good apartment owner would read apartmentratings.com, a professor reading ratemyprofessor.com, or a hotel reading reviews on expedia.com or similar. I doubt baseball-type decisions are made from things here, but I'd imagine the site is pretty useful from a fan-experience feedback perspective (tales from MP, tales from visiting other stadiums, interactions with players, etc.).

You think its a coincidence that Branyan got signed in the offseason and is now our 3B?

As much as I'd like to say yes, I'm going to say no. It's a coincidence that the Brewers' AAA team is about 15 - 20 minutes from his home in Tennessee. I think that is why "The Muscle" is on the Brewers. Now back to the thread...I know I read a few posts here that people have talked to Branyan and mentioned the site. I wonder if he's actually check it out yet?

Brewers' people and reporters do read blogs and message boards, and sometimes even e-mail people...trust me.

You better hope the decision you helped them with was a good one...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Fan experience and such, yes, it would be a terrible oversight not to utilize this board. Why bother putting out surveys and all that nonsense when the work is all done for you right here.

Player moves, lineup changes, hirings, firings... i have 100% faith that nothing we say matters. we aren't the ones who are putting their jobs on the line. they are. Honestly, do you see DM sitting at his desk at night agonizing over a slumping lineup, and then having a eureka moment, flipping on his computer and reading through our posts when finally he says, "That's it! I will swap Hart and Hall in the 5 and 6 slots! Brewerfan.net you have done it again!" ?

The only time we matter is when some idiot posts that a player or coach has been released/fired and it is totally false but some of the media catch on and actually publish it. Thankfully that has only happened once that i remember and it definitely wasn't us.

Brewerfan and other boards certainly shouldn't affect what the Brewers do in regard to players and roster moves. However, I think they could pick up some very interesting information regarding things that affect fans in other ways, i.e., the Miller Park experience. I certainly hope someone is reading the FSN Production Is Horrible thread.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Dude, the Yost thread is on page 62. That's pretty loud. I don't think they're listening to us for that.

And like others have said, if they make personnel decisions based on message boards, there's a problem. I want Yost fired, but I don't want Melvin to say that he decided it after reading a post on bf.net.

~Nottso

Dude, the Yost thread is on page 62. That's pretty loud. I don't think they're listening to us for that.

And like others have said, if they make personnel decisions based on message boards, there's a problem. I want Yost fired, but I don't want Melvin to say that he decided it after reading a post on bf.net.

At this point Doug can tell me his cat told him to do it.

It's only on page 42 for me. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Well, it's 62 for me...and that sounds cooler http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

~Nottso

Community Moderator
I have little doubt that the Brewers have personnel that read this board, little doubt that some of the players probably read it, and no doubt that relatives of the players read it (as we know from those that have even made themselves known here). But I highly doubt anyone with say so reads it- I'd be extremely surprised if someone like Melvin, Ash, or Yost has ever been here. Maybe Jack Z due to draft stuff, but that might even be out there.

I think we should have started a "we Love Davey Nelson" thread. I think there would have been a good chance he would read it, especially when he was at the draft. I doubt he would have much to do at the draft except surf the net.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm pretty sure when watching those FSN Str8 up things a few years ago they were in a meeting and talking about a member of the staff that was checking message boards and blogs for trade rumors etc. If I remember correctly it was Melvin's son who was in charge of it.

Archived