Brewer Fanatic

Lawnmower help

InsomniacInkRoss

It looks like I am going to have to go my mom's lawn tomorrow

She has been having a kid mow it, but his mower broke, or he moved away, or some such thing

She has a mower that was in working order 3 years ago, and to the best of my knowledge, has sat unused (with an empty gas tank) for that period of time

What kind of stuff do I need to bring this back to life? I am guessing new plug for sure, what if there has been some gas in there? What other problems might I encounter?

Thanks in advance

Oil, spark plug, gas. Those are your 3 major components of the engine. I knew nothing about lawnmower engines until I had issues with my cheap one in Wisconsin. I bought it at Wal-mart (first mistake) and after using it a year, it started over-carburating itself. I had a buddy who knew lots about engines that couldn't figure it out. So I left it when we moved to Texas. Then my dad gave me his 18 year old self-propelled mower that the self-propelled part didn't work, so he got it fixed. After I got it and started using it, the self-propelled part didn't work, so I was pushing around a really heavy mower that wouldn't propel itself. So now I have my father-in-law's old mower, which works and propels itself much better!

I don't know how to fix motors, but I'm sorry to see that you're having so much trouble with your yard implements, InsomniacInkRoss. I know how frustrating it can be to have a bunch of little things go wrong for you at the same time.

Archived