Brewer Fanatic

Chicks Dig The Long Ball (Even If Bill Doesn't)

rluzinski
  • 2 weeks later...

As others have said, I think Bill's REAL problem is the Brewers' poor OBP and BA. These result in not getting enough runners on base to take advantage of the homers, as well as not being able to score runs consistently when not hitting homers.

We're very similar to Florida in this sense. Both teams have low OBP (.325 for MIL, .322 for FLA), low BA (.254 vs. .253), high K's (FLA has the most in MLB, way ahead of MIL, which is 5th), and despite being 3rd (FLA) and 4th (MIL) in MLB in homers, the teams are smack dab in the middle of the MLB pack in runs scored.

EDIT: I just realized I probably should've compared them to just the NL.

Relying too much on the HR is just a fancy way to say our OBP isn't high enough. He is right, we dont' get on base enough as a team but not much we can do about it. If Weeks keeps hitting well it will help for sure.

Archived