Brewer Fanatic

6/5/06 Non-Brewers IGT

wOOgiE22

Dodgers grit their way back to knot the Cubs up at 4 after trailing 4-0 after 4. Heading to the 9th. How about Saito sets the Cubs down 1-2-3 and the Dodgers win it in the bottom half? That would please me.

Having watched most of the Cubs games for the last couple weeks, I have to say that their luck is due to run out. First off, they've been playing mediocre teams and barely winning (look at all the 1 run games). Secondly, teams are going to start capitalizing on them at some point. Tonight....down 1, lead off double by the Dodgers and they don't even hit a ball out of the IF. Kemp swings at ball 3 with bases loaded then misses a pitch right down the middle. It's going to catch up with them.

Having watched most of the Cubs games for the last couple weeks, I have to say that their luck is due to run out. First off, they've been playing mediocre teams and barely winning (look at all the 1 run games). Secondly, teams are going to start capitalizing on them at some point. Tonight....down 1, lead off double by the Dodgers and they don't even hit a ball out of the IF. Kemp swings at ball 3 with bases loaded then misses a pitch right down the middle. It's going to catch up with them.

Sure they did. Remember Edmonds made a basket catch that inning.

First thing I did this morning at work was send my Dodgers fan friend Doug down in LA an email, chastising him for the Dodgers' performance on behalf of the Crew, and he writes back:

"it was frustrating as all [get-out]. Saito seems to be losing his fire. It was a little ironic watching him blow it last night since it was also Saito bobblehead night. "

Shades of D-bow!!!

Archived