Brewer Fanatic

6/6/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Rockies (Jimenez): 8:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah.. disappointing loss to start the trip. It was a win that we somehow made a loss. But there aren't a predetermined number of wins for us. Giving one away doesn't mean that we can't go out there the next two days and win both of them. Hopefully someone learned something from today and it doesn't happen again for a very long long time.. This happened A LOT last year down the stretch, it happens to all teams. Imagine how the Rockies felt when the cubs came back from 9 down! I know this should go in the silver lining thread but one loss is still just one loss. We've stolen a couple of these games from other teams ourselves. It's baseball, it happens.. and i am all out of optimism.

Villy was not PH for.

Was that really necessary? #1. I was aware of that fact and I just miswrote, #2. My point was there was no reason Villy shouldn't have pitched the 8th and Villy's spot not even coming up only solidifies my point.

Sorry, I thought you were actually asking that question since it wasn't in blue.

I didn't mean anything by it.

Some of the posts in Brewers losses make me quite sad, and a little worried for some of you guys' sanity.
Seriously. Chill.

This is true.

Anyway, this cheap bottle of wine ain't too bad.

By the way, did the game start yet? Was their (just kidding) there a rain delay or something?

Some of the posts in Brewers losses make me quite sad, and a little worried for some of you guys' sanity.

Seriously. Chill.

If some of these fans go a little over the top getting their frustration out on the message board in place of kicking their dog or punching a hole in the wall, I'm all for it.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I don't have a big problem with Mota now, but why you don't pitch Villy a second inning a guy who can go multiple innings with ease after such an effortless 10 pitch inning in the 7th is just so stupid. And the fact that Villy has been outstanding since moving to the pen where he thrives.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Villy has been outstanding, which is why you don't pitch him another inning. You don't burn out one of your best relievers with a four run lead. Mota should be able to hold a freaking four run lead.

Villy has been outstanding, which is why you don't pitch him another inning. You don't burn out one of your best relievers with a four run lead. Mota should be able to hold a freaking four run lead.

We had a three run lead and Villy only had 10 pitches. The rest of the bullpen was rested. Why make an unnecessary change?

We had a three run lead and Villy only had 10 pitches. The rest of the bullpen was rested. Why make an unnecessary change?
My bad, it was three.

Villy did have 10 pitches, which is great. Leave it at that so he's available tomorrow, and use your less reliable relievers with a semi-comfortable lead.

giffted1 wrote:

Villy did have 10 pitches, which is great. Leave it at that so he's available tomorrow, and use your less reliable relievers with a semi-comfortable lead.

Or, and I know this would probably blow Yost's mind, you leave him in because he's pitching so well, then go to Torres in the ninth, and you still have 6 bullpen pitchers who could throw tomorrow. I know it's a pretty strange concept but I liked it better than the alternative.

i am terrified of what this loss could mean for this road trip. to go from a win with Sheets dominating to a horribly deflating loss could mean the difference between a 4-2 trip and a 2-4 trip in my mind. not good.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I will say that I could tell during the second hitter that Mota had nothing. We may have stayed with him too long.

That was my issue with it, I didn't have a huge problem with Villy coming out; I was really grossed out (but not surprised) that Mota saw Helton, as were the Rockies' announcers. As it turned out, Shouse gave up the meatball anyway but the situation might've been a lot different.

Archived