Brewer Fanatic

6/6/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Rockies (Jimenez): 8:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait wait wait.. but i remember hearing some real moaning about the fact that V was getting back to back innings not too long ago. I heard that he should only be used for one inning because he loses it in the second.

You wouldn't have heard that from me.

This road losing can't be accepted forever either. That 8-1 homestand could eventually prove to do more harm than good if we go right back to our losing ways. You have to think the thought of getting rid of that buffoon was at least creeping into management's brains.

I'm actually kind of optimistic tonight.

The Rockies are proving last year was a fluke, we still have a chance, and Fukudome just hit into a DP which prevented a tying RBI.....oops! Oh crap. Well, at least the Cubs are losing.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

You know what bothers me.

You know what bothers me? People who ask a question but don't use a question mark. Sorry, that was too easy. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I think that was a declaritive statement, no question mark needed.

Wait wait wait.. but i remember hearing some real moaning about the fact that V was getting back to back innings not too long ago. I heard that he should only be used for one inning because he loses it in the second.
Where? I don't remember any of that. Unless you're just trying to defend Ned's moves.

Woah! defend? I'm not defending anyone. I'm just pointing out how up and down this board (and every single other one) gets. This WAS a complaint not too long ago.

You know what bothers me? People who ask a question but don't use a question mark. Sorry, that was too easy. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Well now, I really didn't intend that do be a question thou. I meant for that to be a statement. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Another 3-run lead blown. The most in baseball the last two years. A good reason why...using far more pitchers than needed to wrap up a game with 3+ run lead. As long as that overthinker keeps managing this team, they will continue to blow far more than their expected share of multi-run leads.

It is amazing the ways we find to lose on the road. I know it isn't just us, but it is still amazing.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I killed a bottle of wine while watching tonight's unfolding disaster, I'm all smiles right now

Yost ruuuuuules, haters!

Mine was Tequilla.

I'm about to switch to some schnapps, my friend. Sweet oblivion.

Anyway, "the Rockies best win of the year" according to their announcers tonight. Speaking of which, I gotta say, I really, really liked those guys and won't mind listening to them again this weekend...heck, I'd prefer them to Rock and BA. Very knowledgable, low-key, and not a trace of homerism. If anything they're guilty of Daron-ism: too fond of the opposing team.

Well, don't bring yourselves down about this one, although I'm raging inside. A loss is a loss....keep telling yourselves that, right?

I think that was a declaritive statement, no question mark needed.

Yes. There you go. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I may have to go bust out that cheap bottle of wine now.

This game didn't really happen.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
We'll never know, but wouldn't you like to have access to the Maddux - Simmons additions to the conversation after Villy wraps up his inning in ten pitches? Does Ned listen to them at all? They didn't suggest a second inning for Villy at all? Maybe they did not, but the possibility had to come up.

The thing that bugs me about Yost tonight is the seeming inconsistency in his general philosophy. He's shown openness to change his ideas and end experiments (e.g., going back to the traditional P in teh 9 spot) and he's decided he's going to ride the hot hand a bit more (3B platoon, starting Kapler tonight).

So tonight, he sort of goes back to the formula in handling the pen, then freezes up when the plan goes awry. Villy is the definition of hot hand in terms of pitching lately.

Yes, the players failed to execute from the time Kendall tripled forward. But Yost failed tonight, too. That is not a complete assigment of blame, but Yost must accept his portion of the responsibility here.

Just because people often don't put a question mark after sentences like "You know what bothers me." does not mean it's not a question. Just because that sentence is usually never formulated to get an answer doesn't mean it's not a question.

Do you know what bothers me? That is a question.

You know what bothers me? More of a rhetorical question, but still a question.

Do you know what bothers me? The way this team played tonight. I'm done thinking about it for 24 hours... The only way i forget about this is if we win the next two.

I'll admit that it's a question raised from hindsight, but here it is anyhow.

Why is it that when a manager (any manager, not necessarily -our- manager) decides to bring in his relief pitching to close down a game, does he not present his best defense along with that bullpen move? It's not like all your power hitters would be due up in the next inning either. You'd have replaced the CF and perhaps the 3rd baseman for defense. Neither one or which would have been due up in the ninth inning within 3 batters.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Where? I don't remember any of that. Unless you're just trying to defend Ned's moves.

Woah! defend? I'm not defending anyone. I'm just pointing out how up and down this board (and every single other one) gets. This WAS a complaint not too long ago.

I'm sorry, maybe you're right, but I just don't remember seeing that said.

One of the worst loses of the year. No excuse. Straight up Yosted. I find it hilarious anybody can defend him. He's less than human to me, a monkey. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.

The homestand meant nothing, it's all the same.

and yippee, Bush is starting tomorrow. >_>

And they're blaming the altitude. Of course.

I think I'm more mad tonight after this loss then any other this season. And I have been very mad before. I mean to lose a game that your up 4-1 in the 8th having a chance to win your seventh straight and finally win a game in Colorado starting off a road trip on a good note getting an awesome start from our ace. Just mind blowing. I mean 6 straight hits without an out is pathetic.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

my bad jhart, i just checked out V's game log and he has not given up a single run since his conversion to the bullpen. Must have been someone else. Of course we all know this board goes back and forth on some issues but in this case i was wrong. I will admit that i do have little faith in Mota and cannot believe his ERA was only 3.08 entering today... He seems to blow it a lot more than not.

One of the worst loses of the year. No excuse. Straight up Yosted. I find it hilarious anybody can defend him. He's less than human to me, a monkey. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.

The homestand meant nothing, it's all the same.

and yippee, Bush is starting tomorrow. >_>

And they're blaming the altitude. Of course.

Hey bud, it's not my place to call anyone out, but between this post and talking about "bashing [Yost's] head in," I think a little perspective may be required here. I don't like Ned's decisions (nor some of his behavior), but we're talking about a game here.

Sun's gonna rise tomorrow.

Archived