Brewer Fanatic

6/6/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Rockies (Jimenez): 8:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think yost should have been fired a long time ago, but i can't really put this inning on him. mota has been good in the 8th way more times then not.

with no gagne and no riske, the back end of the bullpen is a little bare right now. we just haven't noticed it with how well the starters have pitched.

Villy was not PH for.

Was that really necessary? #1. I was aware of that fact and I just miswrote, #2. My point was there was no reason Villy shouldn't have pitched the 8th and Villy's spot not even coming up only solidifies my point.

and of course people will defend yost no matter how horrible he is

Hearing opposing team's announcers via Extra Innings makes you realize there's no anti-Yost conspiracy here or even that he's being picked on unfairly (generally)...they are CONSTANTLY second-guessing him, including tonight. Their job is to watch and comment on baseball. But I guess everyone here's a whiner, looking for a scapegoat.

Anyway, Corpas will get the win in a bitter irony

I just want one in Colorado, let's get it Crew

We did not get Yosted. We got Motad and we got Shoused. It doesn't matter who you put in there, they should be able to get guys out and at the very least maintain a 3 run lead...

Not every pitcher is going to do well every single day. It's up to the manager to limit the damage from his pitchers. He doesn't do that well.

I won't "defend" Yost. It is not a matter of defense. He made a call that did not work. He thought he would limit Villy's pitchers, and Mota would do the job he gets a paycheck to do.'

It did not work, so we all "hate" Yost (why the emotion?).

We got "Motad" assist to Kapler and Rickie.

Now, please read this carefully, I would have preferred Villy stay in, the chance he would have done well, good. That said, while Yost's decision backfired, it is still on Mota--DFA him!

We did not get Yosted. We got Motad and we got Shoused. It doesn't matter who you put in there, they should be able to get guys out and at the very least maintain a 3 run lead...

Yost let the team get Mota'ed. I have no idea how you take Villy out tonight after the way he commanded the 7th. Then to let Mota get rocked for 3 runs before yanking him? This is as hardcore of a Yosting as it gets. And where is the late game defensive substitutions?

If there is any stadium where cameron needs to play its Colorado. The outfield just has too much room to cover to not play your best defensive player. Also Villy was pitching well and should have started the 8th inning, but that would go against the ned script of mota in the 8th and torres in the ninth no matter what. That is why ned is clueless and will never ever learn. Somehow someway this team continues to play horribly on the road. Every time you start to think this team has things turned around they go on the road and implode as usual.

You know what bothers me.

The use of they're, their, and there.

I don't know why, it shouldn't, for some reason it does.

Sure, it should bother you. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

You'll like this site: Common Errors in English

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm not going to try to defend Yost, but I'm not going to call for his head.

I was really surprised he didn't leave Villy in there, especially after a 1-2-3 inning and only 10 pitches.

It's not like Villy can't go more than one inning.

I don't think I would bring in Villy if you're only going to give him one inning. He probably didn't even break a sweat.

Wait wait wait.. but i remember hearing some real moaning about the fact that V was getting back to back innings not too long ago. I heard that he should only be used for one inning because he loses it in the second.

You know what bothers me.

You know what bothers me? People who ask a question but don't use a question mark. Sorry, that was too easy. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wait wait wait.. but i remember hearing some real moaning about the fact that V was getting back to back innings not too long ago. I heard that he should only be used for one inning because he loses it in the second.

Where? I don't remember any of that. Unless you're just trying to defend Ned's moves.

It's absolutely amazing how my mood has completely soured. This team is like the girlfriend in the Seinfeld episode whose appearance varies drastically depending on the lighting conditions.

I killed a bottle of wine while watching tonight's unfolding disaster, I'm all smiles right now

Yost ruuuuuules, haters!

Mota has been more or less solid in the 8th inning, so I can't blame Ned for brining him in, but after the first two batters get on and Todd Helton comes to bat who has hit Mota in the past (sss), why not bring in a lefty to face him? Why leave Mota in?

Archived