Brewer Fanatic

6/6/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Rockies (Jimenez): 8:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No clue how Ned always comes up. What did he do here? We have done the same things all year. Rested bullpen so our 8th inning guy comes in. Now Shouse gets lit. Has nothing at all to do with Ned. Get over it already people.

Yeah, rested bullpen and Mota clearly didn't have it, so why not have someone warmed up before Helton? Why is Kapler still there late with a slim lead?

Sure, the Rox look good this inning but these things are his job.

Anyway, this is one of the more grating losses of the year regardless of who's at fault

No clue how Ned always comes up. What did he do here? We have done the same things all year. Rested bullpen so our 8th inning guy comes in. Now Shouse gets lit. Has nothing at all to do with Ned. Get over it already people.

Villy should have pitched the 8th. No brainer. Ned loves sticking to his "8th inning guy" plan. To bad the 8th inning guy is not reliable.

No problem. Just out of curiosity why is that an issue?
You're taken more seriously.

Quoth the rules:

Try to refrain from using AOL-type speak. It smacks of pre-teen. Your posts are more likely to be taken seriously if you spell 'you' with more than a 'u.' Also, our membership includes a wide range of age groups, and frankly, not everyone will know what you're saying if your posts read like a text message.
We're going to tighten that up from a "try to" to a "don't." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Also, see this recent AOL-speak thread.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

You guys are upset with Yost because he put in Mota for Villy, right?

Or for not putting Cameron out there?

Or both?

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't be, I just want to be clear.

and of course people will defend yost no matter how horrible he is

Yost wasn't pitching or fielding and this team has proven it can do both the past few weeks. Now they need to get it done with the bats. There was no glaring bad move by Yost in this. What he did made sense.

I don't care if Cameron would have caught that ball or if Rickie should have caught that ball.. Those were hard hit line drives. Every single hit was hit very hard.
So if not one extreme, then the other? They are professionals. Fact was Rickie was easily in position to make a catch a middle schooler should make. Kapler should have made at least 1 of the 2 catches on balls that were hit in his direction. There is such thing as sharing blame.

We're going to tighten that up from a "try to" to a "don't."

Also, see this recent AOL-speak thread.

You know what bothers me.

The use of they're, their, and there.

I don't know why, it shouldn't, for some reason it does.

Yeah, rested bullpen and Mota clearly didn't have it, so why not have someone warmed up before Helton? Why is Kapler still there late with a slim lead?

Can't believe you said this about BF.net number one guy. If he gets taken out Ned gets ripped for that. I am not defending Ned. I am simply saying that complaining about Ned tonight is simply being pissed off and looking for a reason. Come up with something new. Like maybe a player messed up and couldn't get outs. It's not like he put in Defelice. It works and it was the right move but not of course everybody has the right answer. Give me a break.

Quoth the rules:
Try to refrain from using AOL-type speak. It smacks of pre-teen. Your posts are more likely to be taken seriously if you spell 'you' with more than a 'u.' Also, our membership includes a wide range of age groups, and frankly, not everyone will know what you're saying if your posts read like a text message.
Ouch, and I am 44. A bit humilating.

Someone says they have no clue why Ned is brought up. Really? Because like he's done so many times in the past, he uses more arms than he needs to. With every extra pitcher you use, you increase the odds of finding one who isn't on his game that night. Especially in a park where pitchers often have a hard time getting break on their pitches. Villanueva was filthy in the 7th and had an easy inning. No reason on Earth that he shouldn't be back out there in the 8th. Ned was set to use 4 pitchers in a ballgame than in which we had given up 1 run. That's just stupid. Decision making like this is why they don't put winning streaks like this one up very often. And it's why this one is coming to an end. I started cussing the moment I saw Villanueva no longer on the mound and my cussing reached levels never seen before in my household as the inning went on. I've never been more PO'd at Yost.

Archived