Brewer Fanatic

Anthony Witrado-JS Brewers Blog

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweeps,

What do you like - the stream of consciousness thought patterns, the random one sentence paragraphs or the way that he surprises you by following one paragraph with another paragraph that is almost completely unrelated to the prior paragraph? Speaking of "related," you don't happen to be related to Mike Hunt, do you?

I' m sure your critique of Hunt is far more significant than mine (at least it's apparent you think so) but I like that his columns aren't dry and he attempts to fill his columns with some humor and contemporary references. I'm not a daily reader of Hunt's columns by any means but the pieces I have read he sticks to the topic and uses plenty of evidence/anecdotes to support whatever argument he's making.

Sweeps - I have meant all of the posts that I have made on this topic in a humorous manner. Obviously, you have every right to like Mike Hunt. I may disagree with some of your points, but ultimately it's your opinion.

I don't know how this can be written and then not corrected! From AW a couple days ago:

Serious business: When the Brewers go over their offensive scouting reports on the Arizona Diamondbacks, Micah Owings is the first pitcher they discuss.

That's because the right-hander is hitting .297 with a homer and three runs batted in this season and is a career .320 hitter with five home runs and 18 RBI. Owens has such a good stick, Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin batted him eighth Wednesday against the Brewers.

And it wasn't because he was trying something different, as Yost did to start the season. It's because Owings might actually be a better hitter than some of the everyday players.

Micah Owings turns to Owens then back to Owings! Carelessness?

Archived