Brewer Fanatic

Anthony Witrado-JS Brewers Blog

Due the other reasons I stated I am pretty sure they(Tom and Tony) aren't fans of doing these chats, mail bags etc. Again to be fair, pretty much all the writers(Potrykus, Crispin, etc) that do the chats have the same condescending responses.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due the other reasons I stated I am pretty sure they(Tom and Tony) aren't fans of doing these chats, mail bags etc. Again to be fair, pretty much all the writers(Potrykus, Crispin, etc) that do the chats have the same condescending responses.

I have personally heard from reporters who hate Tony W and have no idea how he got this job, as they would give a reproductive organ to do so. One spoke of him wandering the press box during the game until the 7th/8th inning, before sitting down to start his story, all the while complaining about his lot in life.

They all hate him. His stupidity for printing bad questions is one thing, but his ignorance of answering them is off the charts.

I have personally heard from reporters who hate Tony W and have no idea how he got this job, as they would give a reproductive organ to do so. One spoke of him wandering the press box during the game until the 7th/8th inning, before sitting down to start his story, all the while complaining about his lot in life.

They all hate him. His stupidity for printing bad questions is one thing, but his ignorance of answering them is off the charts.

Well, maybe they wouldn't get so many stupid questions if the people with the smart questions thought they could be answered competently by them. Ask them about a prospect, I dare you. I ask them about anything but wins and RBIs. I'd rather just rely on the collective knowledge of the people at Brewerfan.net.

I have no confidence that Tom H has any "insider perspective" worth listening to, either. That "Yost will be fired" post should have made that clear. Embarrassing.

How much do these guys get paid to do this stuff?

Well, maybe they wouldn't get so many stupid questions if the people with the smart questions thought they could be answered competently by them. Ask them about a prospect, I dare you. I ask them about anything but wins and RBIs. I'd rather just rely on the collective knowledge of the people at Brewerfan.net.

I have no confidence that Tom H has any "insider perspective" worth listening to, either. That "Yost will be fired" post should have made that clear. Embarrassing.

Yeah, I certainly don't need to waste my time there when BF.net & its forums absolutely blow them out of the water. The resources here make the JS stuff look awful.

Interesting, yet painful to hear. Thanks for sharing, doa.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yeah, I certainly don't need to waste my time there when BF.net & its forums absolutely blow them out of the water. The resources here make the JS stuff look awful.

To be fair only about 5% of people that read the paper for Brewer news care about the minor league prospects, they only care about the current team. You have to remember they have to write to the majority then the minority which pretty much everyone that posts on here is in. Talking about prospects in to some extent on par with talking about recruiting. The totally dedicated love it and want as much info as possible, which would be the 5%, everyone else only cares about who is being recruited when they get to camp and could possibly make an impact.

To be fair only about 5% of people that read the paper for Brewer news care about the minor league prospects, they only care about the current team. You have to remember they have to write to the majority then the minority which pretty much everyone that posts on here is in. Talking about prospects in to some extent on par with talking about recruiting. The totally dedicated love it and want as much info as possible, which would be the 5%, everyone else only cares about who is being recruited when they get to camp and could possibly make an impact.

I don't really know anything about either of these guys but i've always been kind of surprised at how condescending they seem in the mailbags and chats. It sometimes seems as though the only reason they post them is to take shots at readers and the questions they ask. I can understand if they're sick of all the Fire Ned/Trade Bill Hall questions, but even the legitimate questions seem to get flippant responses.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I don't really know anything about either of these guys but i've always been kind of surprised at how condescending they seem in the mailbags and chats. It sometimes seems as though the only reason they post them is to take shots at readers and the questions they ask. I can understand if they're sick of all the Fire Ned/Trade Bill Hall questions, but even the legitimate questions seem to get flippant responses.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

To be fair only about 5% of people that read the paper for Brewer news care about the minor league prospects, they only care about the current team. You have to remember they have to write to the majority then the minority which pretty much everyone that posts on here is in.
I don't know that this is really fair. Many people don't really care about prospects because they've never heard of them. The only way they can hear about them is for people like Witrado and Haudricourt to talk about them. I remember years ago, I didn't care about prospects and had no idea how the minor league system even worked. Then I read an article in the J-S about Fielder and Weeks and Gwynn when they were still in their first year or two, and it got me excited. I knew nothing of BF.net, so the only place I knew to go for info on anything to do with the Brewers was the J-S.

I always found it annoying to hear that writers don't write about something because no one wants to hear about it. Well, of course they don't want to hear about it. It's new to them, and people are afraid of new stuff. So make it not new.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

To be fair only about 5% of people that read the paper for Brewer news care about the minor league prospects, they only care about the current team. You have to remember they have to write to the majority then the minority which pretty much everyone that posts on here is in.
I don't know that this is really fair. Many people don't really care about prospects because they've never heard of them. The only way they can hear about them is for people like Witrado and Haudricourt to talk about them. I remember years ago, I didn't care about prospects and had no idea how the minor league system even worked. Then I read an article in the J-S about Fielder and Weeks and Gwynn when they were still in their first year or two, and it got me excited. I knew nothing of BF.net, so the only place I knew to go for info on anything to do with the Brewers was the J-S.

I always found it annoying to hear that writers don't write about something because no one wants to hear about it. Well, of course they don't want to hear about it. It's new to them, and people are afraid of new stuff. So make it not new.

~Nottso

~Nottso

He got his job because he's a minority and so is Garry Howard, the clown editor at the JS. It is almost unheard of for someone that young to get a beat job with a professional team. They booted Rick Braun off the beat and gave it AW. Braun was not perfect, but he was a hell of a lot more tactful than AW. He at least didn't do anything to warrant losing his job, but that's Garry Howard for you.

He got his job because he's a minority and so is Garry Howard, the clown editor at the JS. It is almost unheard of for someone that young to get a beat job with a professional team. They booted Rick Braun off the beat and gave it AW. Braun was not perfect, but he was a hell of a lot more tactful than AW. He at least didn't do anything to warrant losing his job, but that's Garry Howard for you.

Garry Howard is a clown, but no more a clown than the rest of the editors at that paper. Race has nothing to do with it. They're clowns without regard to their skin color. The suggestion that someone got a position because of their race is highly inflammatory, no matter if you believe it or not. In any case, I don't think it's appropriate for this venue.

Garry Howard is a clown, but no more a clown than the rest of the editors at that paper. Race has nothing to do with it. They're clowns without regard to their skin color. The suggestion that someone got a position because of their race is highly inflammatory, no matter if you believe it or not. In any case, I don't think it's appropriate for this venue.

Archived