Brewer Fanatic

Road Trip Predictions

LUKE232323

Nice sig Robin. I came back home to visit last fall and went to a theatre in Madison (westgate or west town, not sure) where they sold spotted cow. I was quite surprised. It threw me off my game a little, but i quickly gathered myself and made the call: "Two for each of us." This is what clutch players do.

Predictions:

Pitching

Sheets has been putting together some nice games lately, however, he's been giving up lots of hits and hasn't had excellent K numbers. If he keeps this up in Denver and Houston he's going to give up some runs. I think this WILL happen in Denver but he will rebound in Houston.

Prediction 1: Sheets(1), Bush, and McClung get stung

Prediction 2: Suppan and Sheets(2) are superb

Prediction 3: Parra does well but doesn't last long (5IP, 2ER) which puts the burden on our tired bullpen.

Hitting

The bats finally woke up for more than one game at a time. Will the Branyan power surge continue? Is Prince really back or will he settle down into another long slumber? What about Braun, will he ever slump for more than a day? No, yes, and probably not.

Prediction 1: Branyan comes down to earth, has only two hits the entire trip. Neither is a homerun. 3TO faithful can still rejoice: plenty of K's.

Prediction 2: Prince and Braun continue to power the team. 3 knocks for Prince, 2 for Braun, but Braun gets a handful of XBH's.

Prediction 3: Weeks gets going. I'm calling it.

Conclusion

Everything that is lacking about this team usually comes out when we're on the road. I don't expect that this trip will be any different. But the fact that we now have the bats going will make up for some of those issues (pitching and fielding). So what may have been a 1-5, or 2-4 trip will turn out to be at least a split. Some of the bad play will follow us home but we will get things straightened out for another solid home stand. That's a different story, though.

3-3 at worst, 4-2 at best.

They never seem to play well in Denver

They never seem to play well anywhere but Milwaukee...oh and now apparently Chicago.

The post-home stand euphoria makes me hope for 4-2. But, the Brewer's history on the road makes me think that, instead, they'll stay true to form and go 2-4.

I remember after one of Sheet's starts in Colorado he mentioned he couldn't get his curve ball to break at all so he had to get guys out with his changeup. That, and the fact he'll give up a decent amount of home runs is why I don't feel good about tomorrow's game. The series in Houston might see 12 total homers again or whatever it was. Can't wait to see Hunter Pence, who is easily the most hated non-Cub for me, hit multiple weak home runs at that stadium.

Edit: Apparently it's from one of his starts in 2004: "I'm a curveball-fastball pitcher and, all of a sudden, no curveball. Zero," Sheets recalled earlier this year. "I had to start throwing some changeups and getting some outs. That was as hard as I worked and as good as I pitched all year."

Is Sheets talking about the game in Colorado in which he was shelled when he says it was, "as good as i pitched all year"? Strange. I see what he's saying but strange. Then again, 2004 was a great year in the life of Ben Sheets... great great year.. i'll never forget it.

2-4. Lose a game they should have one won, lose a game handedly, eek out a win, win handedly, get blown out, get shut out and lose 4-0 or 5-0. Not necessarily in that order.

EDIT: Trouble with homophones.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

2-4. Lose a game they should have one, lose a game handedly, eek out a win, win handedly, get blown out, get shut out and lose 4-0 or 5-0. Not necessarily in that order.

Sounds like every road trip the Brewers have had in the past few years. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

My calcs put this road trip at almost perfectly even, so my guess is 3-3.

Why has Colorado been so bad? They were projected to win around 82 games but are currently on pace for only 59! Their run differential is terrible as well, so they've earned that horrible record. The Holliday injury won't hurt the Brewers, that's for sure. I would be more than satisified with 4-2.

The Tulo injury hurt them badly too as he was very valuable defensively. Also losing Hawpe for a while has really hurt them.

I get a laugh at the few of you who hope for a lousy road trip so Ned gets fired. Hilarious,

I don't see a single comment to that effect here http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif. Whohas indicated that they hope for a lousy road trip? Predictions and hopes are two different things.

I get a laugh out of the many who let the euphoria of a good home stand convince them that this will be a winning road trip. (and I hope that I come to regret making this comment http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif)

valpocrewsader: Lose a game they should have won http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA011179361033

I get a laugh at the few of you who hope for a lousy road trip so Ned gets fired. Hilarious,

I wasn't hoping for a lousy road trip, nor hoping to get Ned fired because of it. I was simply predicting that the Brewers will go 1-5 on the trip and was also predicting that the fans will blame Ned for them doing bad.

Valpo's batting 2 for 2. Win a game we should have won and lose a game handily. I guess we eek out a win on Saturday.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

2-4. Lose a game they should have one won, lose a game handedly, eek out a win, win handedly, get blown out, get shut out and lose 4-0 or 5-0. Not necessarily in that order.

EDIT: Trouble with homophones.

Looks like you got the first three right in that order!

6/6: L, 4-6 - lose a game they should have won

6/7: L, 2-7 - lose a game handedly

6/8: W, 3-2 - eek out a win

I guess the Brewers will win handedly Tuesday against Oswalt with McClung pitching...

Do you have any idea on the Powerball numbers? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Well, we stole one and we blew one, so 3-3 is about right. I'm glad my prediction of 2-4 was wrong. Now time to rack up some home wins, get JJ healthy and get our 3b situation settled. With what's likely to happen with the 1 and 2 in the division, I like our chances to be within 5 by the break.

The Brewers have always had trouble in Colorado. My expectations are that they will take 1 out of 3 in Denver and 2 out of 3 in Houston and get redemption for their poor performance there last month.
Whoever predicted this was a very smart man.

AKA it was yours truly. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Archived