Brewer Fanatic

Road Trip Predictions

LUKE232323

Ok, I'm going for some positive mojo here on the roadtrip. We have an ERA matchup advantage in all 6 games (not that that means a whole lot, just looking for positives here). Matchups:

Sheets (2.71) vs. Jimenez (5.37)

Bush (5.49) vs. Reynolds (5.72)

Suppan (3.93) vs. Francis (5.53)

McClung (4.25) vs. Oswalt (5.38)

Parra (4.33) vs. Backe (4.54)

Sheets (2.71) vs. Moehler (4.54)

Colorado is really a bad baseball team all-around right now. I expect to win 2 of 3 there even though it's on the road, but I'm going to predict a sweep for the hell of it. I'll say we take one in Houston for a 4-2 roadtrip, putting us at 36-30 heading into the 9 game AL homestand.

Realistically...I'm guessing 3-3. I think they'll go 2-1 in Colorado and 1-2 in Houston. I'm still scarred by Sheets' outing a couple years ago when he got shelled at Coors because the effect of his curve ball was limited due to thin air. I think we caught Houston at the exact right moment over the weekend. Their bats won't be so quiet at Orange Juice Park.

I'll predict Sheets wins both of his starts and that Suppan wins his start as well. Unfortunately I think Bush will have trouble keeping the ball in the yard, humidor or not, and the winning streak will end at 7 games on Saturday night. I'll predict that McClung/Parra split against Oswalt/Backe, though I'm not sure in what order. 4-2

That said, playing the AL East, even though at home, makes me nervous. I would be thrilled to go 5-4. While I dont want to get off topic, somebody lift my spirits and tell me why I'm being too pesimistic.

3-3 or 2-4. Rockies can't be this bad. They gotta get somewhat better soon. And don't we usually stink up the joint in Houston? They'll be mad as hornets about the sweep in Milwaukee--danger Will Robinson, danger!

I'll predict Sheets wins both of his starts and that Suppan wins his start as well. Unfortunately I think Bush will have trouble keeping the ball in the yard, humidor or not, and the winning streak will end at 7 games on Saturday night. I'll predict that McClung/Parra split against Oswalt/Backe, though I'm not sure in what order. 4-2

That said, playing the AL East, even though at home, makes me nervous. I would be thrilled to go 5-4. While I dont want to get off topic, somebody lift my spirits and tell me why I'm being too pesimistic.

Well, we play very well at home and none of those AL teams are worldbeaters, albeit the Twins and Jays are solid teams.

Some ranks to maybe make you feel better.

OPS:

Baltimore (7th)

Toronto (8th)

Minnesota (10th)

ERA:

Toronto (2nd)

Baltimore (8th)

Minnesota (9th)

So we're really not facing great offenses. I think we do better than 5-4.

My calcs put this road trip at almost perfectly even, so my guess is 3-3.

Why has Colorado been so bad? They were projected to win around 82 games but are currently on pace for only 59! Their run differential is terrible as well, so they've earned that horrible record. The Holliday injury won't hurt the Brewers, that's for sure. I would be more than satisified with 4-2.

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say 3-3 also.

2-1 in Denver

1-2 in Houston, where, somehow, Craig Biggio will manage to hit a cheap fly ball into the Crawford Boxes to win both games.

Oh . . . wait . . . . huh? He retired? . . . . . . okay, then it'll be somebody else that's a punch-and-judy hitter. How about Brad Ausmus?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yeah, I'll go with 3-3 as well, but going 1-2 in Coors and 2-1 at the Juice Box. Hopefully this good homestand will have the team playing more confidently on the road, but trips out West have never treated the Brewers well.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

My prediction is 1-2 in Colorodo and 0-3 in Houston. By the time the Brewers come back it will be back to firing Ned Yost.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived