Brewer Fanatic

Olympics in 2016 a backyard away? Chicago a Finalist for the Summer Games

lcbj68c
Geez, lack of traffic is not the way to pick where you live. There are such things as culture and entertainment to be taken into account. Also, the beauty of large cities like Chicago (or even Milwaukee to a certain extent) is that you don't have to drive everywhere, you can walk or take the bus or (at least in Chicago) the train.

Who drives anyway?!?
I do. I guess that make me an "ungreen - friendly" dinosaur

I'm talking about in big cities

Although sooner than later public transportation's gonna become a necessity nearly everywhere, whether people like it or not

Although sooner than later public transportation's gonna become a necessity nearly everywhere, whether people like it or not

Either that or they can give up their H2 Suburban Explorer to the Max guzzle muscle.

Either that or they can give up their H2 Suburban Explorer to the Max guzzle muscle.

Exactly. Unfortunately for a lot of people that's akin to giving up their manhood and/or freedom

This is a funny discussion because just yesterday I heard that my cousin, who lives outside of Fond du Lac, got knocked for (of all things) cockfighting. That kind of underscores the value of living in a city where there are more things to do than watch roosters fight each other. (Of course, he was also moving weight, which can also happen in the city.) I'm sure there isn't much traffic in Fond du Lac.

The Olympics in Chicago is likely the best bet Milwaukee has for saving the Bucks. While the United Center would likely be the finals host for basketball, they'll need plenty of gym spcase for all sorts of sports.

Archived