Brewer Fanatic

What about Beltre for Hall?

Beltre is signed thru '09 at about $12M per. Hall is signed thru '10 (08-$4.8, 09-$6.8, '10-$8.4).

The Brewers pick up more salary, but get a better player. I believe Beltre plays better 3B than Hall and Beltre's away splits the last few years are quite nice. Seattle would get a slightly younger player in Hall that is signed for less money for longer. Add in the assumption that Beltre won't resign in Seattle and it may be something worth looking into.

Hopefully after '09, the Brewers will have an internal option for 3B (Gamel?).

It makes some sense, but I don't like it that much. The Brewers need some OBP from somewhere and Beltre is not a source of that. He supposedly is a good defender though, so I guess it might still be a worthwhile swap. I don't know if Seattle would be into it though.

Not a Beltre fan, and especially not at that price. I'm happy to let SEA eat that mistake.

I'd much rather have a Branyan/Dillon platoon for 1/20th the cost, or a Gamel/Dillon platoon, or Bill Hall for that matter.

Archived