Brewer Fanatic

Logic of day game start times?

Patrick425
I just noticed that all the weekday day games after the end of May start at 1pm, instead of 12pm. Why did they start earlier in April and May? I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with school being in session (although I don't see the connection), but the day games still start at 1pm in September, so that doesn't seem to be the case. I work downtown and live in Waukesha. I liked the noon start because the games would usually end 2 hours before I left work. Although, I guess I really have not noticed a big difference in traffic on game days whether it's a noon start or 1pm start. My preference would be for weekday games to start at 3pm, but I know that will never happen.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I think it's probably the school groups. It would seem that they're a lot more likely to attend games in the spring rather than in September.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

My friend took a tour at MP with his class. He said the guide said they like to give an extra hour to the cleanup crew. The school groups does sound logical though.

Well that is why there are 6pm games on Saturday is what I mean stoutdude04.

The 7:00 weeknight start time is a balance between trying to give people enough time after work to get to the game and not making it too late of an evening. For many years weeknight games started at 7:30. For Saturday night games they found that 6:00 was also a good balance. It allowed people to have the whole day to do stuff and the games end early enough to be able to go out and do stuff after the game.

As for noon vs. 1:00 on getaway days, it is as described above. Noon during April and May to accommodate school groups. They toyed for awhile with having some 3:00 starts on weekdays like the Scrubs do but decided against it.

Once school is out, the little bit later start time on weekdays also helps out those of us who come down to the park from long distances and the earlier start on weekend helps us get home just a bit earlier if not staying overnight.

Don't know if those are factors in the planning, but they do make a difference.

For Saturday night games they found that 6:00 was also a good balance. It allowed people to have the whole day to do stuff and the games end early enough to be able to go out and do stuff after the game.

Yeah, "do stuff"...like get home and go to bed for some of us old peoplehttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif. We mostly prefer day games the few times that we actually go, the 6 pm starts are the only night games we'd ever want to go to as we do not like to be out late.

I think before they went to 6 PM on Saturday, they used to start night games at 6:30 in April for some reason.

The 6:30 experiment was a couple years ago; maybe because it was better for kids in school.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I still get home around midnight from 7:00 games.
Really? Where do you live and where do you park? We are usually home by 10:30 or earlier (depending on the length of the game), and we live in Waukesha.

We sit right in front of the Press Box. Our MO is to get up in the last half inning and stand behind our seats (we are in the last row). Then, as soon as the last out is made, we book it to the car (preferred parking, west of the stadium) and we are usually to our car before most of the other leaving fans. From there it takes us about 3 minutes (maybe less) to get on I-94.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived