Brewer Fanatic

6/4/08 Diamondbacks (Owings) at Brewers (Parra): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
I am so glad I finally hooked one my DVR's to the internet, I was able to log on to DirecTV's site and tell my DVR to start recording the game after I saw the 5-1 score since I forgot to set it this morning. I can't wait to see Corey's inside the parker, how did he do it with Prince on first? He had to have been on Prince's heels by the end.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why waste Villy here instead of just having Tavarez close it out?

Get him some needed action to help keep sharp for when really needed in a tougher position (with a day off and then Sheets, shouldn't have a chance for awhile)

yeah, I suppose that makes sense. having to get our bullpen guys some work as opposed to getting them some rest is a foreign concept.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Verified Member

Two straight sweeps, awesome pitching, great hitting.

I'm LOVIN' it.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/Broom.gifhttp://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/Broom.gif

I like how they bad mouth our announcers for spinning things in favor of the Brewers. What do they expect the hometeam announcers to do, bow down to the mighty D-backs?

Hey, they have Sutton. They're probably used to hometown announcers drooling over the opposing team, so you can't blame them.

Just got back from the game!!! I have never heard 26,000+ fans so loud after the 5th. And a 3 run itp hr, that is only something I thought I would see in a video game!! I will take it but, what was Upton thinking??? Go Brewers

Another great game to be at. Looked like it was going to be a 4 hour marathon early, but just like Sunday, after the 10th run in the 4th the game just flew by. Poor Billy Hall left on deck in the 8th.

I liked how FSN-AZ put up the scrolling graphic after Hart's inside-the-park job but instead of it saying "HOME RUN HART (7)" it said "GRAND SLAM BRANYAN (4)".

Little did they know that they totally gave away the ending to the inning, short of the "grand slam" part.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'll be honest, games one and two we synced up the mlb audio with our tivo and listened to Uecker and Jim. The FSN-WI broadcast is blacked out whenever we play the D-Backs so Brian and Bill are not an option for this series (which does make me wonder how these guys on the D-back fan boards were able to rag on Brian and Bill--they should have been blacked out, too).

Today's game we recorded and kind of Fast forwarded through until the good parts, although we did watch the last 2 innings live when we came home from school (half-day) for lunch. Some drunk guys were giving real Wisconsin pride by bugging the FSN-AZ sideline guy (Todd Walsh) while he was doing a report, asking if he could say hi to some guys in Minnesota, totally blitzed and unaware that this was not the Brewers sideline reporter. Then, Daron and Grace went on about it and how much "fun" those guys were having.

They also kept doing the "reports" from the Miller Brewing Company and making comments throughout the series (apparently) about drinking beer, etc. Stuff like, "wow, half a million cases of Miller beer are produced every day? How much of that does Daron and Grace get?" And the usual "Daron likes to eat" business, which, by the way, he has been packing on the pounds, in my opinion.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If you watch on mlb.tv don't you get the home team announcers? I would think that's how they how they had Bill and Brian.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived