Brewer Fanatic

6/4/08 Diamondbacks (Owings) at Brewers (Parra): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With tomorrow's day off and Benny going Friday, we might not need more than a couple relievers before Saturday.

Our starters have been so good lately, it caught me off guard that Ben's start has come up again so quick. Just a few weeks ago it would have been...thank god Ben's out there to give the pen a rest...and we need a win bad.

Brewers finally have a positive run differential! Stat nerds rejoice!
I'm not sure what's going on around here, but rluz and I were thinking the same thing at the same time, weirdness ensues..

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Just listening to the game at work...listening to Uecker talk about Jim Backus and I had to chime in. He didn't do any of the voices Ueck mentioned. He was the voice of Mr. Magoo. He was also great in "A Christmas Story"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

holy cow i just read through the IGT of the diamondbacks forum...

my 3 observations:

1. they turn on their team way worse than some people here do

2. they are going on and on about how awful brian and bill are. pretty much they think we have the worst announcers ever...

3. they like trenni http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

What site are you on? I like going to fan sites sometimes.

Ya' had to know it was only a matter of time before the offense picked it up.

I always thought once the hitting came around, that gives your pitchers some breathing room, and they would be able to relax and pitch well. Didn't think they'd pitch this well thou.

I was calling for his head. And I'm still not sure if he is the man for this team. But if they keep winning Ned can stay. Hard to complain when the team goes on a roll like this.

Yost may still not be the one to get this team to the Championship, who knows. All I know is the players like him, probably because they know he's got their back (99% of the time at least) almost to a fault sometimes, which frustrates the media and fans. But that's a manager I'd play hard for and I believe so are these guys. If you know your manager is going to fight for you, you'll fight for him.

TSack27, great post. Good analogy.

If one year of coaching turns a career .750 OPS hitter into a .900+ one, the entire team should take a year off. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

What is our Team ERA on this homestand? It has to be crazy low.

They showed the graphic earlier, I want to say it was something like 2.12 but I might be wrong.

This is off topic, but does anyone here have/know where to find a Parra jersey T-shirt? I've seen a couple people at games with them, but can't seem to find one at Miller Park, Kohl's, or FanFair in Southridge Mall. I guess I should've just asked the people who had them.

I am 90 percent certain I saw Parra jersey tees at the field level Fan Zone (the original store) Monday night.

(I was checking in faint hope for a Branyan tee, which I would have snapped up in seconds flat, had one been there.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

well it'd be nice if Tavarez could settle down here so we can just have him go 2. he's got a nice big cushion, just get some outs!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived