Brewer Fanatic

6/4/08 Diamondbacks (Owings) at Brewers (Parra): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Hey Cubs fans.. do you here that sound?

It is the Brewers coming.. Don't get caught on standing on the track when the train is coming through!

The Cubs are the only team that's been hotter than the Brewers this past week or so.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we were calling for Ned's head.

Careful, not all of "we" were. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If they somehow hang on to win today, that would be 12-4 since Braun called out his teammates.

Edit: Ooops, "Brewcrewin" beat me to it.

Just watched Corey's inside the parker on Gameday, it's pretty awesome.

I also really liked that Bill Hall was the first one in the dugout to congratulate him. He was at the top of the steps to congratulate him coming off field. I'm not a big fan of the way he's handled the benching, but at least it seems he's not letting it turn him into a turd.

Hey Cubs fans.. do you here that sound?

It is the Brewers coming.. Don't get caught on standing on the track when the train is coming through!

The Cubs are the only team that's been hotter than the Brewers this past week or so.

Yes.. but the last thing you know a veteran cubs team wants is a young team catching fire and gaining confidence.. just think if Weeks started to hit...

Last year at the end of the day on June 4th the Brewers had a 32-26 record and were 6.5 games ahead of the Cubs.

This year on June 4th the Brewers will be 32-28 record and are 6.5 games (pending the Cubs game tonight) behind the Cubs.

It feels totally different, though, doesn't it.

we were calling for Ned's head.

Careful, not all of "we" were. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If they somehow hang on to win today, that would be 12-4 since Braun called out his teammates.

I was calling for his head. And I'm still not sure if he is the man for this team. But if they keep winning Ned can stay. Hard to complain when the team goes on a roll like this.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Sorry Russ, I'm not sure where you are coming from on that one.

You are just looking at his 90 AB from this year. I'm looking at his entire career. It's not surprising that we could come to completely opposite conclusions. As always, I hope Kapler continues to buck the odds.

I've been looking for a good place to use this analogy, and a relaxing game like today looks like a good opportunity to ponder.

I was mediocre at best in my sports career... until I started coaching. The kids got me back into competing on the side (against a higher level of competition) and my results were much better. To be successful at teaching seemed to require a better understanding of the reasons and technicalities, especially the little things that get overlooked. I'd like to think there are some possible similarities with Kapler (and even Torres) who spent some time coaching and now have a little better approach to the game, as well as helping their teammates get better.

Even if not truly the case, Kapler & Torres are my unsung heroes of the season so far.

I also really liked that Bill Hall was the first one in the dugout to congratulate him. He was at the top of the steps to congratulate him coming off field. I'm not a big fan of the way he's handled the benching, but at least it seems he's not letting it turn him into a turd.

Do you have to be a subscriber to see it? If not, can you link it up, please?! Thanks

I know Ned won't do it but I would really like to see Kapler get a chance at batting regularly in the 2 hole.

He just seems to be a better fit there then Cameron.

I should have said it before he went 4-4 though.....=).

holy cow i just read through the IGT of the diamondbacks forum...

my 3 observations:

1. they turn on their team way worse than some people here do

2. they are going on and on about how awful brian and bill are. pretty much they think we have the worst announcers ever...

3. they like trenni http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I think Billy's frustration is focused on Yost and Melvin...he's still very close to the rest of the team, and he's not going to let his disputes with the manager and the GM get in the way of his relationship with his teammates. That's part of the reason why I can't get too mad about him wanting a trade -- he's not making a big deal about it, he's not pulling a Sheffield, and he's still trying to be a leader in the dugout by showing support for everyone.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

That HR by 3TO reminded me of when Brett Favre showed up at the end of "Something About Mary"...just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any better...

And to top it off, he was a great actor!

After the 3rd inning of the game I was praying Parra could make it through 5, this is awesome. With tomorrow's day off and Benny going Friday, we might not need more than a couple relievers before Saturday. Then again Sheets in Colorado kind of worries me, I remember him saying once his curve ball didn't break whatsoever in Denver.

Archived