Brewer Fanatic

Not a fan of the booing

If this really deserves to get merged to the Hall trade thread, go ahead. I don't think it does though. Are we really going to be booing this guy until he's shipped out of town, or is it just going to be for today. Imho, Hall went about this wrong. But in about the last 3-4 years, you will not find one player who has done more of what the team asks for then Bill Hall. Yes, he's struggling. Yes, he's not playing for what his contract is. Yes, he's seemingly regressed some or at least not progressed. But it is very sad that fans were as loud booing him as I heard. There'll always be a few, but that was far too loud for what this man deserves.

Was at the game and didn't think the booing was that bad. There were still people cheering for him. The booing was nowhere near the "Turnbow walks leadoff guy" or "Gagne gives up 2 hits in the 9th" level. I'm sure a few will still keep it up tomorrow, but if he's still on the team when they come back next week (which he should be), I don't think it'll continue.

I expected it, but was not a fan either. The more I think about it, Billy does have a gripe. Cameron and Hall have been basically the same player. Low average, high K's, and good HR numbers.

Gwynn is hitting well at AAA, how bout a soft platoon in center? (I'm not serious, but the situations are similar in a way.)

maybe this is debateable,but my question is what is better for the brewers today in this game. Suppose the crowd gives Him a standing O, or the bill hall cheer instead of booing. What gives Hall the better chance to perform that day. I won't boo. St louis fans get it

I also think that Hall has done enough for the Brewers and their fans to have some beefs about what has happened. I don't want to turn this into a whole thing, but J.J, for instance has been similarly sub-par, but is applauded almost as loudly as Braun or Prince. I think the platoon was necessary, but Billy has not been way out of line. I, for one, will continue to cheer Billy as long as he plays hard for the Crew.

He's upset at playing time, not the city or the fans or his teammates or Bonnie Brewer or Bob Uecker...why do people make this personal?

He had his agent go and whine to the media about wanting to be traded instead of keeping it in house and telling the GM first. That's sufficiently pathetic to earn his booing tonight because he wanted to let the fans know how he felt about his benching instead of manning up. Basically, he had his agent try to put pressure on the team and cast the front office and manager in a poor light. As for the person who wondered why Cameron hasn't been benched, it's because his defense has been good and can be gold glove caliber unlike Billy.

If you demand a trade, it is a guarantee that you will be booed. It won't last forever though, especially if you start playing well. LA fans booed Kobe for the first few games of the season but it's all love now.

Fans don't like being rejected, even if a player has a legit gripe (I'm not saying Bill does). I would have booed the first time he came up, but given it a rest after that unless he reiterates his demand publicly at some point.

I don't think anyone has a problem with a guy wanting to play, even if his numbers should tell him to be quiet for a while. However, to come out and have your agent say you want to be traded, booing is deserved. There is absolutely no point in publicly asking for a trade. As was mentioned before, regardless of the situation, when a player says he wants off the team fans, deservedly so, will not be happy about it.

From the left field bleachers, Bill Hall was akin to Bonds or Sheffield as far as hatred of a player goes tonight.

"Butt" hole chants when he came up to bat, and "you still suck" when he got his hit in the 8th. Bill's not my favorite person in Milwaukee right now but fan display was unacceptable.

More like annoyed me and you wanted to know why the fans treated Billy just so tonight. Does it hurt your feelings when fans boo?

Absolutely not, I just think it's silly and pointless and embarrassing to see my fellow Brewer fans hoot like animals at Brewers or former Brewers for minor infractions that are no reflections on themselves, booing which comes off especially ridiculous when its in their pursuit of chastising a player for being "pathetic" or "classless."

Honest question...

What are fans allowed to do to voice their displeasure?

Sit there and chant "I am displeased!"

I don't know how anybody could be against the booing. He brought it on himself. If he didn't want to be booed then don't have your agent go to the media with a trade request. That never sits well with the fans.

fan display was unacceptable.
247/.305/.408/.713 in 2007

and

.162/.224/.324/.548 in 2008 for $6 million per year (on average)....that is unacceptable. And then to have the "you know what" to argue a platoon isn't in order?

(fixed code --1992)

HOF4canrake[/b]]Honest question...

What are fans allowed to do to voice their displeasure?

I guess your options are: boo, write a letter, boycott the Brewers by not buying tickets/merchandise, heckle players/management at the game or in public if you encounter them, etc. You are obviously "allowed" to do any of that - nobody is arguing that you're not. If you think that any of that makes a difference or makes you feel better, then by all means do it. Booing your own players does not make me feel better and I do not personally believe it makes a positive impact on the team, so I choose not to boo. Who knows though, maybe I should.

Archived