Brewer Fanatic

50 Highest Earning Athletes in the US

samwise

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't know why but the fact that Tiger makes 5 times more in endorsement than he does playing golf continually boggles my mind.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't know why but the fact that Tiger makes 5 times more in endorsement than he does playing golf continually boggles my mind.

He could quit golf today and his great-great-great-great grandkids would still be financially set for life.

I know why. Because it's mind-boggling.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

They should add in all the international guys as well. I know Valentino Rossi would rank somewhere between 10-20 and I'd have to think some F1 guys would be up there, along with maybe some soccer players from the Premier League, Serie A, and La Liga too.

edit: never mind, I see they have a separate list for international guys. I thought it was determined that Beckham's contract with the LA Galaxy was phony in terms of the huge dollars?

I knew baseball players made nothing in endorsements compaired to other sports, but it really jumped out in that list.

Yeah, judging from that list, the sport to go into is definitely basketball. 26 of the top 50 earners are NBA guys. The only problem is that there are even fewer spots available in the NBA then there are in MLB or the NFL.

Wouldnt it be nice to be able to buy a house for $27 million and still have a couple million left over.....from that years earnings. You keep hearing how much money they make, but it doesnt really sink in until you read stuff like this. Unbelievable.

Then you look at someone like Spreewell and say.....%@$? Spreewall probably wasnt top 50 in his day, but he was raking it in. How could you possible lose that much, that fast without being an absolute moron?

Then you look at someone like Spreewell and say.....%@$? Spreewall probably wasnt top 50 in his day, but he was raking it in. How could you possible lose that much, that fast without being an absolute moron?

Spree isnt broke, he is just lazy on paying for things. Like others have pointed out, a lot of rich people just let items go into foreclosure then worry about making payments or trying to sell things they dont want. Spree's rim shop and patents on spinners probably makes him about what he was making in the NBA.

Like it states in the article, the 20 mil was from his Wrestling appearance. I am not sure why that isnt salary but oh well. Boxers get a purse and some of the bigger ones demand a cut of the PPV.

Archived