Brewer Fanatic

Redraft 2005 1st Rd. - Complete!!!

RyDogg66

I completely agree, but that's why I wanted clarification. I definitely will look at the best player available, regardless of position for the most part.

Thanks for answering my question.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'll take Texas
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Twins are mine! I guess I have a couple question, though:

Approximatley when are we going to do this?(Suggestion: Put the date in the title of the posting)

How many rounds are we doing?

We are starting as soon as the teams are filled i.e. tonight hopefully. We are doing just the first round.

If anybody wants to double up, feel free. I'll grab Boston as well. On that note, if you read this late and want to get in, just post if you want one of these teams and if someone is already doubled up I will bump them from their second team and add you.

Boston - RyDogg66 2nd team

Cubs

Astros

A's - zzzmanwitz 2nd team

oh, yes you can! The Real Pirates have been doing it for many years!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif Classic! You, sir, have made what I believe is called a 'funny joke'

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Ok, let me preface this pick by saying I"M NOT A HOMER, as much as I love another guy from this draft I have to take Ryan Braun, we tried RB at 3b and had the same defensive concerns so we to have moved him to OF and RB also has signed a long term contract to play in the desert (thank goodness this is fantasy).

Ryan Braun U. of Miami is my pick with the #1 pick!!!

Homer.

Kidding, That is obviously a good pick. I couldnt fault you for taking Arizona's original pick here, Justin Upton when you factor in where Upton is today, what he projects to as well as defense and position (CF). I'd rather have one in hand than two in the bush though, as they say, and for that reason Braun, has to be the pick.

Well, I found out I know very little about the Royals (they suck), and that there was an AMAZING abundance of offensive talent in 2005.

I was torn between Jay Bruce and Justin Upton in the end.

I'm going with Justin Upton, mostly because I am much more familiar with him and he has been pretty darn good. He's already a very good offensive player and looks to be a ++ defensive CF. And he's only 20! He's going to be a STUD.

Since I am up, I am torn between Jay Bruce, Matt Garza, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Jeff Clement. Clement is absolutely raking in AAA right now, but looking at my team today, I feel like our biggest weakness is in the OF. Hernadez, Bedard, and Washburn are solid the starting rotation and I already have an Ellsbury type in Ichiro.

That leaves me with my pick...

Jay Bruce, OF.

Value...yes, but how can you not at least give a token thought to Jacoby Ellsbury? I know that the debate is probably Gordon v. Zimmerman, but all things being equal, I would rather have the .380+ OBP, the 50 steals, the 15-20HR's, and stellar defense in center. Outside of Brian Roberts, who I doubt will ever hit 20HR's again, and Hanley Ramirez, who will never be confused with a leather whiz, there isn't a leadoff hitter in baseball who can carry that line....except Ichiro. Would you draft Ichiro, except giving up a lot of bat control for a little strike zone judgement? Either way, the Brewers are going to be stacked! And given that we're going to draft a 3B or a CF, we can probably extend Geoff Jenkins a few more years, at least until our '07 future draftee is ready to ascend.

Time for a Miller on the Clock. I'll take suggestions on the Brewers pick if anyone would like to offer them. While I am almost certain to take either Ellsbury or Clement, what I am interested in is what if both Ellsbury and Clement were available who would you choose. And of they werent available, or if we wanted to go for a 3b would it be Gordon or Zimmerman?

Also, Garza and Clay Bucholtz are out there as well.

I think its a choice between Zimmerman, Garza, and Clement.

Clement could be a starting C next season the way he is tearing up AAA. Zimmerman fills the hole at 3rd, assuming Gamel can't play the position, and Garza is a solid 4 with 2/3 potential. All that being said, I think I would have to go with Clement first, then Zimm, then Garza.

I'll take Clement. I always value being strong up the middle and finding a catcher who can fit the bill offensively and defensively is probably the hardest task a general manager has. Also I should have plenty of time to rebuild in Washington. It's not like their one young player away from making a playoff push.

Archived