Brewer Fanatic

Redraft 2005 1st Rd. - Complete!!!

RyDogg66

I saw this on Baseball Tonight the other night, but they only did the top 3 picks, but with all the talent in that draft it would be tons of fun. Let's do it using both what we know now about the players as well as what the teams need today (if that makes sense). For example, you may want to do a BPA, but your team needs a SS and so you take Tulowitzki ahead of someone who you project as higher.

I would strongly recommend using this link as a resource, if you are interested in playing along. You are not limited to selecting players who were drafted in the first round, for example, Yunel Escobar was picked #75, and I am sure he'll appear somewhere in the top 30.

Below is the draft order 1-30. Not all the teams are represented due to draft compensation rules, and some teams have more than 1 pick. I have deleted their school info and compensation info to clean it up a bit. Once each team is chosen I will enter your BF.net handle after the player name that the team orginally drafted, and then who you draft in BOLD after that. Make sense? Great. Since this is my game, I get the Brewers...Who else is in?

1. Arizona, Justin Upton, OF - KCBrewerfan34 - Ryan Braun 3b/OF

2. Kansas City, Alex Gordon, 3b - fortheloveofweeks - Justin Upton OF

3. Seattle, Jeffrey Clement, c, - zzzmanwitz - Jay Bruce - OF

4. Washington, Ryan Zimmerman, 3b, - Time For a Miller - Jeff Clement - C

5. Milwaukee, Ryan Braun, 3b, - RyDogg66 - Troy Tulowitzki - SS

6. Toronto, Ricardo Romero, lhp - PrimeTime955 - Clay Buccholz - SP

7. Colorado, Troy Tulowitzki, ss, - Gobias Industries - Jacoby Ellsbury - OF

8. Tampa Bay, Wade Townsend, rhp, - lcbj68c - Ryan Zimmerman, 3b

9. New York Mets, Michael Pelfrey, rhp, - JoeHova - Micah Owings, SP

10. Detroit, Cameron Maybin, cf, - pitchleague - Alex Gordon, 3b

11. Pittsburgh, Andrew McCutchen, cf, - JJHardy7 - Yunel Escobar, SS

12. Cincinnati, Jay Bruce, cf, - FIB4Brew - Matt Garza, SP

13. Baltimore, Brandon Snyder, c, - TooLiveBrew - Mike Pelfrey, SP

14. Cleveland, Trevor Crowe, cf, - patrickgpe - Kevin Slowey, SP

15. White Sox, Lance Broadway, rhp, - samwise - Cameron Maybin, OF

16. Florida, Christopher Volstad, rhp, - trwi7 - Colby Rasmus, OF

17. N.Y. Yankees, Carl Henry, ss, - Loopee - Luke Hochever, SP

18. San Diego, Cesar Carrillo, rhp - stoops17 - Andrew McCutchen, OF

19. Texas, John Mayberry, rf, - homer - Chase Headley - 3b

20. Chicago Cubs, Mark Pawelek, lhp, KCBrewerfan34 - Mat Gamel, 3b
  21. Oakland, Clifton Pennington, ss, - zzzmanwitz - Lance Broadway, Sp

22. Florida , Aaron Thompson, lhp, - trwi7 - Travis Buck, OF

23. Boston , Jacob Ellsbury, cf, - RyDogg66 - Taylor Teagarden, C

24. Houston, Brian Bogusevich, lhp, Pudster - Will Imnan, SP

25. Minnesota, Matt Garza, rhp, - Wesrob1 - Pedro Alveraz, 3b

26. Boston , Craig Hansen, rhp, - RyDogg66 - Justin Smoak, 1b

27. Atlanta, Joseph Devine, rhp, - pogokat Gordan Beckham, SS

28. St. Louis , Colby Rasmus, cf - hyerbro1 - Brian Matusz, SP

29. Florida , Jacob Marceaux, rhp - trwi7 - Jeremy Hellickson

30. St. Louis, James Greene, ss, - hyerbro1 - Buster Posey, C

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can I take the Cubs and make a crappy selection, in hopes that it'll work like a voodoo doll and send the current team into a tailspin?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

can I take the Cubs and make a crappy selection, in hopes that it'll work like a voodoo doll and send the current team into a tailspin?

That would be hilarious but no. Do you still want the Cubs?

I'll take Washington. That should be easy to pick since they have needs everywhere..... except 3rd base?

remember, unless you take Zimmerman, then they dont have Zimmerman...so maybe they do have a need.

I'll take Cincinatti. This is based on the needs of the team as of 2005, right?

edit: nevermind....based on what the team needs now I suppose since a lot of these guys are just breaking into the bigs.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

nah, I'll take Detroit.

Are we pretending the rosters are also set at June 2005, also? So, no Cabrera, Dontrelle, etc.? I have to pretend that I don't know that I'll be picking them up in 3 years?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I have been debating that in my mind, it is up to you I suppose. This is mostly are redraft based on the talent from the 2005 draft so I dont know how much having Cabrera changes things for Detroit. Who knows who will be available at 11, but I would imagine no matter who it is that one could make room for them. So with that, I suppose draft it how you want, if you want to take their current roster into consideration, do it. I probably will with Milwaukee's selection.

But again, this is mostly based upon talent, so if you had the choice between say, a good MR that could help your 2008 bullpen and a guy like Chase Headley, I would think Headley would still be the pick based upon his career so far and this potential as a AAA prospect, even if he might not help much in 2008, but would presumably in 2009. Make sense?

Archived