Brewer Fanatic

6/3/08 Diamondbacks (Johnson) at Brewers (McClung): 7:05 PM CDT... Should Prince sit tonight? (reply #13)

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice to get some runs while the pitching does it's job, huh?

Nice long ball, Prince, too! Getting back home really has helped him get in a groove, as expected.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

when it rains it pours.

So tomorrow, we'll struggle to do anything in the day game to close out the homestand. Man, I hope not.

LISTEN TO THAT CROWD!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm not sure of the pitch count, but I'm guessing this 2 inning appearance will knock Shouse out of commission for tomorrow.

BALL GAME!

- - - - - - - - -

How many quality starts in a row is this? The HRs are nice, but I'm loving the starting pitching. McClung may be legit, and the bullpen is sharp when it's not covering four innings every night. If we get Riske back (and, yeah, Gagne) this team will be better than last year's by at least five games.

If the Brewers have somehow conjured a good starter out of Seth McClung...well, that's some kind of black magic. I'm all for it, mind you, but I can't say I would have ever predicted Seth would go six innings, no walks, 1 run against a good team. Congrats, Mr. McClung...my hat is off to you tonight.

you have to love mclung, dillard and shouse's approaches. nothing to lose, aggressive. going after hitters. never felt that way with riske or gagne. those two may find a place in the middle of games but the competition is surely heating up. i love it.

if we can win the first series on the road against a struggling Colorado team - i know we don't perform very well out there - this team will have the stride and confidence they need to send a message to the cubs. the cubs are always fun to watch when they are looking over their shoulder... because they can't stop looking and the media won't let them stop looking, as well. should be a fun june, at least!

Anyone else notice that Scherzer has 2 different colored eyes? If I was at the plate and noticed that, I wouldn't be able to hit his 95 mph fastball either... that is if I could hit one to start out with.

Seth McClung and Bill Hall are not going to net us a #2 starter.

Think about it. Let's say this is 06 and we are sellers. Are we going to trade Capuano or Davis for a guy like McClung and a guy like Bill Hall? The ONLY way this is possible is if this mysterious #2 makes about 10 million a year.

Meche?

Millwood?

I don't know what Millwood makes i'm just thinking aloud. I know Texas loves players like Bill Hall and isn't too high on having good pitching.

Archived