Brewer Fanatic

Report: Hall's agent requests trade- Latest: Melvin "Not really motivated" to move him

AJAY

I am fine with a Hall trade, as long as we get a # 2 SP back. Hall, Gwynn and LaPorta for a stud SP such as Lincecum, Grienke or the like. We have enough young talent to risk losing a LaPorta. Come on DM, go out and get us a stud P....imagine next year (given we sign an extension clause with the trade) having Sheets, Yo, Sabathia/Cain/Grienke/Lincecum.......

Just do it!!!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dillon and Branyan yuck. I like Branyan and Dillon is OK if he gets a start 2-4 times a month. I don't like the idea of trading Hall at all. Not because I'm a big fan of Hall but because if Weeks, Fielder, or Hardy goes down we don't have anything to replace any of them. At least nothing that is ready for MLB.

No Gamel and LaPorta are not ready for MLB. Both of their defense is horrible and they are not ready yet. I don't see Iribarren as a possible replacement either. Nor do I see Crabe a good replacement either.

I still don't see why a lot of people have this love affair with Dillon.

I don't think it's a love affair. He wouldn't be playing that much in the light-side of the platoon, and if nothing else, he'd give the team more professional at-bats than Hall has been.

I don't see a "love affair"... just the realization that Dillon v. LHP really isn't that big of a dropoff compared to Hall v. LHP.

ARI needs a SS or 3B like I need a 3rd slice of pie.

Was this a joke? Drew & Reynolds (with Tracy in the mix at 3B, too)

EDIT: I see now that this was likely doa's point... that ARI doesn't need a 3B/SS

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I am fine with a Hall trade, as long as we get a # 2 SP back. Hall, Gwynn and LaPorta for a stud SP such as Lincecum, Grienke or the like. We have enough young talent to risk losing a LaPorta...

I could get behind something like this. Kind of addresses the Sheets issue relative to next season as well.

well my Bill Hall jersey may be retired after barely a year of service time! I never understand why players go through the press with stuff like this when it really makes getting what they want (a trade out of town) much more difficult. There is no reason to trade him unless he becomes a distraction. Branyan has had a hot start but he's not an everyday 3B and i'd rather not see a Dillon platoon. If Billy is unhappy with being platooned then he should remember how to hit righties!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

This makes me really sad, Billy is one of my favorite Brewers. I see the situation and see that it could help both sides. But if we do make a Hall trade, we better get something worthwhile in return otherwise it will be a wasted opportunity.

I don't think it's a love affair. He wouldn't be playing that much in the light-side of the platoon, and if nothing else, he'd give the team more professional at-bats than Hall has been.

Professional at-bats? Define professional at-bats.

I don't see a "love affair"... just the realization that Dillon v. LHP really isn't that big of a dropoff compared to Hall v. LHP.

Dillon doesn't have enough plate appearances against LHP to even get an accurate look at how well Dillon does against LHP. Hall has more AB's this year against LHP than Dillon does in the last 3 years that he has played. There is no proof to back up this claim.

Professional at-bats? Define professional at-bats.

Making contact? Not trying to pull everything for a homerun? Not regularly swinging at pitches nowhere near the strike zone?

There is no proof to back up this claim.

Except that he hit LHP well in the minors & has continued to have success in the majors. Sometimes you have to trust the scouting when there's no large sample. Dillon is yet another RHP that fares much better v. LHP... just like Hall.

Am I the only person who thinks Lincecum is untouchable? Man O Man. If they signed a piece of garbage for 120 they won't have trouble paying for the real deal.

I don't know...when they signed Zito it was because they thought they might be competitive. Throw in the fact that they may be less likely to throw a huge contract at a SP, and I wouldn't call him untouchable. I don't think we could get him (maybe Cain is more likely), but I don't think he's untouchable. The Giants need position players badly, so I think Hall paired with one of LaPorta/Gamel would have them at least interested.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Keep Hall unless he becomes disgruntled, because then he's just bad for the locker room.

But I don't think it will come to that.

OR if someone is stupid enough to give you a legit #3 SP for Hall and Gwynn. Then you hope Branyan/Dillon can hold down the fort.

On second thought, I don't like the idea of trading Hall during the season.

Jazzy that may be true. I don't want the Crew to trade either Gamel or LaPorta. The Giants would be morons to trade a Linc for upside. I only wish the Brewers had a Lincecum. Starting pitching is just too valuable.

Making contact? Not trying to pull everything for a homerun? Not regularly swinging at pitches nowhere near the strike zone?

Nearly every player on this team regularly swings at pitches nowhere near the strike zone Dillon included. Hall is a better hitter against left handed pitchers than Dillon is.

Hall has been making contact it is evident in his batting average rising. Hall also had a 7 game hitting streak before Sunday's game.

Except that he hit LHP well in the minors & has continued to have success in the majors. Sometimes you have to trust the scouting when there's no large sample. Dillon is yet another RHP that fares much better v. LHP... just like Hall.

I don't agree here. Hall is above and beyond Dillon against LHP I will take Hall's power and ability to get extra base hits over Dillon's ability to get extra base hits.

I don't agree here. Hall is above and beyond Dillon against LHP I will take Hall's power and ability to get extra base hits over Dillon's ability to get extra base hits.

The difference just isn't that big when you consider that the LHP-side of a platoon doesn't see nearly as much time as the RHP-side.

Archived