Brewer Fanatic

Team #1: 6/5, 7pm GAME IS PPD DUE TO FIELD CONDITIONS

nullbyte

Time to cash in on that worker's comp policy, baby! Let's hope the rain stays away again...

In:

nullbyte

houlie24x

bball123h

lcbj68c

Brewerjamie15 <-- like it or not.

baldkin

valpocrewsader

radman12484

thehappyyoungster

I'm day to day with a sore shoulder, but will be in attendance. My arm is still messed up from that bad throw to first I made last week after the three foot dribbler. If I can play, I'm not sure I could catch. (repeatably throwing to the mound might not be pretty)

I know we've cancelled all of our games already here at Helfaer Field. I was hoping if it was done by noon, there'd be a chance it would begin to dry up a bunch as very hot humid air is coming in.

It's a quarter of two right now and no announcement has been made about the game. I'm thinking that the field will be too trashed to play on, but we shall see. Please realize I have to field 10 players (9 would pass, but awfully tough to win with) and although you may assume the game will get PPD, expect the game to be played.

I will post as soon as I find out the situation when an announcement has been made.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Too trashed...really? Rain stopped around 10am, so grounds would have roughly 9 hours to rake and let dry, rinse and repeat. That's a travesty if the Parks and Rec department can't get that thing playable.

I'm in.

If ten show up, then I'll have to catch and Zac will have to be in RF.

If eleven show, then I'll DH unless Zac is still too sore.

I won't be at a computer between 4:30 and 7, someone please call me at ####### for game status. I would appreciate it if a Moderator deleted my number anytime after 7 pm. Thanks.

Too trashed...really? Rain stopped around 10am, so grounds would have roughly 9 hours to rake and let dry, rinse and repeat. That's a travesty if the Parks and Rec department can't get that thing playable.

For the sake of my tax dollars, I sure hope they're not going to that extreme at the 140 milwaukee county parks we have! It's just softball!!!
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Random question... what time do people normally get there? And which field do we play on? The one right on KK, right?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

For the sake of my tax dollars, I sure hope they're not going to that extreme at the 140 milwaukee county parks we have! It's just softball!!!

I think you misunderstood. They have some part of 9 hours to find 30 minutes to take care of a field. As somebody who used to help prep fields after a rain in Florida once in a while, it's not difficult to do. Mind you were are 5 feet about sea-level with no where for standing water to go, it's not that hard. However, judging from the effort those ladies put up last week at Dyer, where the team had to actually prep the field for play themselves, it's no surprise that the staff didnt lift a finger. And is it really the tax dollars at work or did we all pay a fee at the beginning of the season?

Archived