Brewer Fanatic

The Official Get Braun to the all star game thread

BREWCREW5
Vote for him and lets get him to the All Star Game. He is our star and deserves to be there. Lets show him that Wisconsin can stand behind him and we appreciate the long term contract to our team! Vote!

I have no problem voting for Braun. I do have a problem with voting for all Brewers and trying to somehow get Bill Hall to the ASG. I don't understand that kind of stuff. The only players I could see voting for would be Braun and Sheets (if we could). Maybe Kendall.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Sorry, but I just can't justify voting for a player who is only in the top 10 in one of the 4 rate stats(BA/OBP/SLG/OPS) and on top of that isn't a great defensive outfielder.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Sorry, but I just can't justify voting for a player who is only in the top 10 in one of the 4 rate stats(BA/OBP/SLG/OPS) and on top of that isn't a great defensive outfielder.

Actually Braun is 10th in BA, 9th in OPS and 4th in SLG according the sortable stats for outfielders at espn. stats He is also 1st in HR, 3rd in RBI's, 1st in hits, near the top in extra base hits.

I forgot to take out the AL guys. He is still only at 29 for OBP. I refuse to use counting stats without the rate stats, otherwise we could say Hall deserves to go because he is in the top 5 in HR for 3B.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

1. Soriano, A.
2. Fukudome, K.
3. Griffey, K.
4. Beltran, C.
5. Holliday, M.
6. Burrell, P.
7. Lee, C.
8. Ankiel, R.

These players are all in front of Braun. If you were voting of the top 10 players Pence is behind Braun in the voting the last time they put out the results. Of the OF for BA Braun, Fukudome, and Holliday are in the top 10. For OBP Fukudome, Holliday, and Burrell are in the top 10. For SLG Braun, Burrell, Holliday, and Soriano are in the top 10. For OPS Braun, Holliday, and Burrell are in the top 10.

So by your logic Braun should be voted for right? He is in the top 10 for OF in 3 of the 4. Other notables that I would vote for and have been voting for are Nate McClouth and Ryan Ludwick who are in the top 10 for OF in those stats as much as Braun is. Soriano, Griffey, Ankiel, and Beltran have no right to be even in the top 10 for voting. Again the fans disappoint.

Ludwick has only 170 PAs.

Ryan Braun: .297/.328/.578

Soriano: .287/.332/.556

There is very little difference there and given that neither draws a huge amount of walks they can swap OPS back and forth on daily basis right now.

We can debate stats back and forth all day but, like it or not, this is a popularity contest.

Braun is more popular to me than the others, so he gets my vote. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived