Brewer Fanatic

Aaron Cook

With the Rockies' mathematical elimination from the playoffs due sometime in the coming days, do you guys think that they would be willing to part with someone like Aaron Cook?

To me, he's on his way to becoming a Chris Carpenter/Aaron Harang-type -- someone who figured out how to pitch a little later in their careers. Plus, a lot of teams become obsessed with strikeout pitchers, and he definitely is not that. His single-season career high for K's is 92. Therefore, his asking price would probably be lower.

What would it take to pry a sinkerballer -- and the most consistent of Colorado's pitchers -- from the frost-brewed lining of Coors Field? The fact that he looks like Seth McClung might be enough to scare some people away from him, but I'd still like to see him in a Brewers uni.

Unrelated note: I was looking at the Brewers' roster, and I saw that Corey Hart's full name is Jon Corey Hart, meaning that he actively chose to be forever linked to the other Corey Hart.

Community Moderator

Cook is a good thought, but as end said, they're not going to be motivated to move him so it'd take a pretty significant offer to get the Rockies to consider it.

I'd probably prefer Cain at this point, personally.

Archived