Brewer Fanatic

Players starting to undress before they reach the dugout!

2hoophead

picture from after 6/1 game as an example

Alright, blast away and call me an old fogie if you must but I am seeing more of this all the time not only in baseball (I mostly watch the Brewers) but watch when all the players are congratulating each other after a win. It seems that virtually all of them already have PULLED their jerseys out and I think look quite sloppy. Guess they are in a hurry or suddenly very uncomfortable.

Same thing with the NBA (I mostly just watch some of the playoffs.)

Sure would be nice if managers/coaches would have their players to just wait another minute. It will quickly filter down all the way to the youngsters.

Is that asking too much?

Just rubs me the wrong way.

I think it's been one of those superstition things the team's been doing lately, seems it's started on this homestand. IMMEDIATELY after he caught the final out Kapler ripped his shirt out of his pants and kind of looked around...I think that's been their form of celebration.

I've just noticed it with the outfielders. It seems less "faddish" and yet another form of baseball superstition. The whole "do it twice and it's a tradition" thing. Ballplayers do all sorts of silly-looking things because they think it's lucky.

Ha, I've been doing that since I was in little league, I was down to tee-shirt and shorts within a minute after the game was over, that's just how I roll!

Now that I coach once I'm on the buss after the game I untuck, before we get back to school... at work I untuck as I get into my car at the end of the day. I've always been more comfortable that way for some reason, I have issues I guess. I like a loose shirt and shorts, I even sit around in shorts all winter long (unless it's brutally cold or I'm sick).

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I remember in my soccer days the whistle blew and the jerseys all came off. It was just something everyone did immediatly. I never really thgouht of it until now - but I guess that also comes from professional soccer where many times they exchange jerseys at the end of the game with their opponents.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3e/Abe_Simpson.png

"When I was your age, we played baseball with a ROCK, and hit it with a stick. We didnt have any of this mamsy pamsy billion dollar stadiums and 5 dollar hotdogs. We wore our jerseys past the end of the game and into the locker and there were no female reporters in our locker rooms and WE LIKED IT!"

Since only the OFs are doing it, it has nothing to do with a fad. Obviously it's a bonding ritual of some kind. Would be nice if someone on FSN would ask the question...

I saw everybody had the shirts untucked after the game on Saturday, not just the outfielders.

My guess is that, with Jenkins gone, they decided to do some other sort of "victory dance" other than the "jump high-five body bump" that they had been doing for about 3 years. And that's what they came up with. It's certainly different. Logically, the next step would be to throw their caps up in the air "graduation-style" and make a mosh pit near the mound.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

As long as they're winning and not taking off their pants, who cares.

I agree. As long as they're winning, I don't care if they're stripping down to their boxers.

Obviously winning is the only time you should see it.

(Now, if they all come out of the dugout and do it after a loss..http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif)

Would it really bother you that much if they did it after a loss? It's not like they are out causing a ruckus, getting in trouble with the law, or anything like that. They are getting comfortable for crying out loud. I realize that this may be a bit rough on some people's delicate sensibilities.

It will quickly filter down all the way to the youngsters.

Uuugghh, don't even get me started on that. I help coach my son's team (10 year olds). The head coach's son rarely has his shirt entirely tucked in (I'm talking during the game). He's basically the only one on the team that does this and it drives me nuts. I've given up trying to get him to tuck it in, since his dad could seem to care less.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived