Brewer Fanatic

03/19/07 - Cubs (Gallagher) @ Brewers (Gallardo) - 3:05pm CT

rluzinski
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Braun's throw today was absolutely horrible. Rottino didn't even try to catch it.

There's no doubt that the bat would help.

But this is the major leagues. If he makes an error per game, teams could possibly bunt at him in order to make him throw. If we were going to be a 90-loss team, different story.

Management clearly made the right move.

Actually every scout and scouting report that isn't affiliated with the Brewers that I saw say he should be moved to the OF. The point isn't whether he definitely should be, but rather that his defense has been questioned by basically everyone and this isn't a sudden spring thing.

I wonder how much better his arm will be in the outfield, though. Will he be missing cutoff men left-and-right and allowing opposing teams to basically take extra bases at will?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
How did Yo's stuff look?

I didn't see the game as I don't live in the state anymore while in school, but my dad watched it and he said Yo actually looked pretty good and had some pretty nice pitches. Which is encouraging..

I completly agree, it came down to service time and nothing more. This is a business and it is clearly run like a small market club that it has been for many years.

Yes, it wasn't about having a throwing error in almost every game he played in. Hopefully Ryan won't be that bitter in 5 or 6 years.

Archived