Brewer Fanatic

06/01/08 Astros (Chacon) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is as obvious as ever how the team feels safe after taking the first two of the series. Ned put the "B" team out there today. How many other teams do this? I can see giving JJ, Rickie, Kendall, or Cameron a day off once in a while. But why all at once?! And with that Dave Bush is pitching! Chances are we are gonna need to get all the support we can get! If Bush has a solid outing and gives up around 3 runs, and we score less. I would 100% blame the loss on Yost.

Are JJ, Weeks, or Cameron really performing so well right now that having all three of them out of the lineup is actually going to hurt us that much?

Weeks did have two hits yesterday and Hardy had a couple of hits the day before. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

This is one of those lineups that will either surprise the hell out of me and score ~12 runs, or it will be stifled and get ~2-3 hits.

As for Bush, he reminds me of Tomo Ohka. He can look dominate 1 start and then look like he doesn't even belong in the majors the next. Maybe that's typical for a #5 starter though.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I don't know. I'm 50/50 on it. This line-up makes some sense. The meat of Braun-Fielder-Hart-3T0 is intact. At least, he's not hitting Dillon third. Yost has done that from time to time.

Kendall cant catch every game, although he's trying. So Rivera, who's hitting decently, is fine with me. We lose a lot defensively between the two...so that gives me pause. But Kendall has also been slumping at the plate, so maybe this makes sense.

Cam was swinging at everything last night and has struck out like 9 times in his last 12 ABs, so I have no problem giving him a day off. He needs it.

I do have a problem sitting Weeks. He's seemed to get things together decently on the homestand...getting on base, scoring runs. Doing a nice job in the clutch.

Same with Hardy...he's had a nice week. Getting hot...hitting doubles...going to the opposite field etc. So not sure I'd take his hot bat out of the order either.

The Crew has two off days in the next week so it's an issue of giving guys a break. I guess its more an issue of giving the bench some abs.

Bush getting the solo shots out of the way early?

Are JJ, Weeks, or Cameron really performing so well right now that having all three of them out of the lineup is actually going to hurt us that much?

Braun, Fielder and Hart are the the only batters who's replacements are significantly worse, I think.

Loretta's ball wasn't hit all that well it just kept on carrying which is why Braun ran into the wall. As to the lineup, its more playing Dillon at 2B when you have three other options that really makes little sense to me.

Archived